    mmm...i'm only a newbie , there are still a lot and a lot to learn
    from everyone!!!

    anybody here use GMAIL and Google Talk?

    Thomas X. Iverson, Dec 2, 2007

  2. Thomas X. Iverson

    santosh Guest

    Thomas X. Iverson wrote:

    > hello alls , i'm a senior middle school student and i like
    > hacking(programming,hacking under unix) very much , really excited to
    > find this usenet group to join in and talk about C.

    Welcome. First off, let me point you to the group's FAQ. Do take the
    time to read it.

    <http://www.c-faq.com/>

    > mmm...i'm only a newbie , there are still a lot and a lot to learn
    > from everyone!!!
    >
    > anybody here use GMAIL and Google Talk?

    Perhaps, but we post and read only on this group. Also please be aware
    that <news:comp.lang.c> is a "Usenet" group, something that predates
    both Google and the Internet. Google Groups provides a web interface to
    the distributed global network of servers that is called Usenet or
    sometimes Netnews. The more traditional (and perhaps better) way to
    access this network is via a newsreader and a connection to a news
    server. Free newsreaders are available for almost all platforms and two
    excellent public news servers are http://news.aioe.org and
    http://www.motzarella.org.

    <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1/>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>
    <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html>

    santosh, Dec 2, 2007

  3. On Dec 2, 4:24 pm, santosh <> wrote:
    > Thomas X. Iverson wrote:
    > > hello alls , i'm a senior middle school student and i like
    > > hacking(programming,hacking under unix) very much , really excited to
    > > find this usenet group to join in and talk about C.

    > Welcome. First off, let me point you to the group's FAQ. Do take the
    > time to read it.
    >
    > <http://www.c-faq.com/>
    >
    > > mmm...i'm only a newbie , there are still a lot and a lot to learn
    > > from everyone!!!

    > > anybody here use GMAIL and Google Talk?

    > Perhaps, but we post and read only on this group. Also please be aware
    > that <news:comp.lang.c> is a "Usenet" group, something that predates
    > both Google and the Internet. Google Groups provides a web interface to
    > the distributed global network of servers that is called Usenet or
    > sometimes Netnews. The more traditional (and perhaps better) way to
    > access this network is via a newsreader and a connection to a news
    > server. Free newsreaders are available for almost all platforms and two
    > excellent public news servers arehttp://news.aioe.organdhttp://www.motzarella.org.
    >
    > <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/what-is/part1/>
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>
    > <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/zen/zen-1.0_6.html>

    thanks a lot , i have finished studing the basis of C and doing a "C
    studing guide with K&R" project myself , if anybody here is interested
    about it , connect me via mail ;-)

    Thomas X. Iverson, Dec 2, 2007