help! anyone familiar with SLL-layer Java??

Bailee

I'm familar with HTML layout, but a total newbie at SSL coding and still in
Javascript 'kindergarten' !!
So please excuse my unfamiliarity with these issues.

I recently was asked to edit some shopping pages on a site's home page and
order page. The prices on the order page (on a secure server) were adjusted
to match the "specials" on the home page.

Somewhere in the process, I created the following problem on the page: the
little "lock" icon denoting 128-bit SSL security does not appear now in the
bottom panel of IE6 when I log on to the site. I purposely uploaded the
original "order" page and compare the two - and it's fine on that page. In
fact if you double-click your mouse on the blank spot where the little
"lock" icon should be, you do get the security certificate showing up okay.

I've gone over and over the pages and I can't seem to find the error. If
anyone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it!

here is the new page: https://www.website-secure.net/~omega3bar/Order.htm

here is the "old" page where the "lock icon" works:
https://www.website-secure.net/~omega3bar/Order_OLD.htm

Bailee

(ps. I did have to 'comment' out some error-causing JS for form validation
on an "input-type" tag; I don't think this is the culprit, because I
commented the same code out on the original "OLD" page, and the little lock
icon still shows up .... - the commented-out code is about 4/5 of the way
down each page source code)

Toby A Inkster

Errrr.....

<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///D|/HTML/0_OMEGA3BAR/website/CSS/active.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///D|/HTML/0_OMEGA3BAR/website/CSS/visited.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///D|/HTML/0_OMEGA3BAR/website/CSS/link.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///D|/HTML/0_OMEGA3BAR/website/CSS/hover.css" type="text/css">

Do you expect people to have these files on their own "D:" drive? Do you
expect them to even have a "D:" drive? (I don't: I don't even have a "C:"
drive.)

Fix these to be "https://" addresses instead of "file://" addresses. Also,
replace any "http://" addresses with "https://" addresses too. This should
fix your lock.