Help: App won't run.

Guest

Hi Everyone,
I just put a app on a server that is already running sharepoint. The admin
had put the app under the c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PurchaseOrder dir. When I try
and run the app I get the following error message:
Server Error in '/' Application
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a
"web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current
web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode"
attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote
machines, please set "mode" to "Off".
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
My web.config does not contain a customErrors section

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
<customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I added a CustomError section in my web.config and it made no difference. I
did notice that the web.config file in the wwwroot dir has it set as follows:
<customErrors mode="On" />
Could it be that the SharePoint stuff is interfearing with the new project.
Should I create a virtual dir and move the project to that dir and run it
from there? If so, what url would I use? Thanks for any info.
Mike

Guest

Hi again,
Just wanted to update you with what I've done so far. I moved the project
into a new dir:
c:\Inetpub\PurchaseOrder
and I uses that dir to create a new web site. I also changed the web.config
file:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="Page_Error.aspx" >
</customErrors>
Now I'm getting the following error:

The resource cannot be found.
dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is
temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that
it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /NarcoPurchaseOrder/default.aspx

In IIS Manager I named the site NarcoPurchaseOrder. Currently this site is
not attached to a IP Address. Does any of this make since. Thanks for
stopping by.
Michael