Help dataset .net 2.0

Guest

I currently have a web-application which on last framework called a serviced
component with a dataset.

'ds.RemotingFormat = SerializationFormat.binary

‘ds.RemotingFormat = SerializationFormat.Xml

lOrder.SaveSwitch(ds, bt, st)

<Transaction(TransactionOption.Required)> _

Public Class COrder

Inherits ServicedComponent

Public sub SaveSwitch(ByRef ds As System.Data.DataSet, ByVal bt As Int16,
ByVal st As Int16)

‘Parse dataset and save to database

End sub

End class

I get the following errormessage:

Type is not resolved for member System.Data.SerializationFormat,
System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.

Technical info

Type is not resolved for member System.Data.SerializationFormat,
System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.

Technical detail

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Type is not resolved
for member System.Data.SerializationFormat, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.
at
System.EnterpriseServices.IRemoteDispatch.RemoteDispatchNotAutoDone(String s)
at System.EnterpriseServices.RemoteServicedComponentProxy.Invoke(IMessage
reqMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData, Int32 type)
at TRXOrders.COrder.SaveSwitch(Object& ds, Int16 bt, Int16 st)
at tradex.TRXctrl.Orders.OrderViewState.CtrlSave() in
C:\develop\NEW\Tradex\Tradex\application\orders\usercontrols\OrderViewState.ascx.vb:line 381
at tradex.TRXctrl.Orders.Order.DoSaveSwitch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs
e) in
C:\develop\NEW\Tradex\Tradex\application\orders\usercontrols\Order.ascx.vb:line 1719

Kevin Spencer

It looks like you're using an older version of the .Net 2.0 Framework. Have
you tried upgrading it?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
A watched clock never boils.

Guest

I'm using the version found here..
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Visual studio 2005 (last and final release NON BETA).

I'm calling a serviced component in Com+ Server application. Remoting with
the .new .net framework for datasets.. doesnt seam to work.

If i change package where the serviced component is situated to library it
works, but I want the package in components services to be a server
application.

Testing this is quite simple.. Make a services component with transaction
option set to Required in a server application and pass a dataset into it.
The error message i explained under will show. A quick search for this error
message on google gives a lot of hits, but no solution. I find it quite odd
that the new dataset implementation is changed so that it's not serializable
to component services application server-packages.. Cross prosscess.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Visual studio 2005 (last and final release NON BETA).

You mean .Net Framework 2.0 (last and final release NON BETA).

If you are running Visual Studio ( any beta ) with the final
..Net Framework release version, you are bound to get those errors.

Kevin Spencer

That's odd, because the version referenced in your exception is not the
latest:
Type is not resolved for member System.Data.SerializationFormat,
System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

....unless they rolled the final version back to 2.0.0.0. I don'thave the
final version yet, only the RC, so I can't say for sure.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
A watched clock never boils.

Guest

I doubt i have an old version of .net
..net Version is Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

..Net Framework can be found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...99-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&DisplayLang=en

Microsoft says:
Visual Studio 2005 Users: If you have already installed Microsoft Visual
Studio 2005 (except the Express Editions), you do not need to install the
..NET Framework SDK separately. Visual Studio 2005 includes the SDK as one of
the optional components to install during Visual Studio 2005 setup.

My visual studio version is 100% full version. Not a beta and NOT a release
candidate.

So I guess i have to make a custom marshaller for datasets. Cause it seams
like they have rewritten the Asp.net to serviced (server) components
marshalling for datasets.