help FOR A JAVA beginner

jack1887

hello, everyone i want to learn java .what advice would you
like to give me ? do you think it is suitable for to use
<<thinking in java >> at this moment? thank you very much

Andrew Thompson

hello, everyone i want to learn java .what advice would you
like to give me ?

- Don't SHOUT at your audience in the subject line.
- Do use a single capital letter at the beginning of each sentence.
- Avoid using three spaces between each word of a sentence.
- The comp.lang.java.help Usenet newsgroup is a particularly
good group for those learning Java.

(the first three will help get people to read your messages..)
.. do you think it is suitable for to use
<<thinking in java >> at this moment?

I am not sure. I am not that knowledgable of books
(and usually prefer on-line tutorials), but those who
can advise you further might benefit from knowing
what your current experience in programming is.

E.G. One book might be particularly good for people who
have experience with a procedural languages, but need to
understand object oriented languages, while another book
might be geared towards people who are entirely new
to programming.

HTH

Andrew T.

TechBookReport

hello, everyone i want to learn java .what advice would you
like to give me ? do you think it is suitable for to use
<<thinking in java >> at this moment? thank you very much

Look at the recommendations on TechBookReport (see link in sig) to find
a book that is appropriate to your existing level of knowledge.