    like to give me ? do you think it is suitable for to use
    <<thinking in java >> at this moment? thank you very much
    , Sep 5, 2006

  2. Re: help FOR A JAVA beginner

    wrote:
    > hello, everyone i want to learn java .what advice would you
    > like to give me ?

    - Don't SHOUT at your audience in the subject line.
    - Do use a single capital letter at the beginning of each sentence.
    - Avoid using three spaces between each word of a sentence.
    - The comp.lang.java.help Usenet newsgroup is a particularly
    good group for those learning Java.

    (the first three will help get people to read your messages..)

    >.. do you think it is suitable for to use
    > <<thinking in java >> at this moment?

    I am not sure. I am not that knowledgable of books
    (and usually prefer on-line tutorials), but those who
    can advise you further might benefit from knowing
    what your current experience in programming is.

    E.G. One book might be particularly good for people who
    have experience with a procedural languages, but need to
    understand object oriented languages, while another book
    might be geared towards people who are entirely new
    to programming.

    HTH

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 5, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > hello, everyone i want to learn java .what advice would you
    > like to give me ? do you think it is suitable for to use
    > <<thinking in java >> at this moment? thank you very much

    Look at the recommendations on TechBookReport (see link in sig) to find
    a book that is appropriate to your existing level of knowledge.

    --
    TechBookReport Java http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html
    TechBookReport, Sep 5, 2006