    database and even enter new record for any criminal. Please just tell
    me what to do, about which technology to use servlet or java swing.
    Thanks
    boyScout, Feb 9, 2007

  2. boyScout

    Lew Guest

    boyScout wrote:
    > which technology to use servlet or java swing.

    That depends on whether you want the users to access via HTML or custom
    networking.

    Usually it is better to map out the user experience first, then figure out
    which approach best supports that experience, than to work it the other way
    'round.

    In principle, once you have figured out exactly how the application should
    behave, both logically and interactively, then you can implement a common
    business logic foundation and layer different front ends onto it. That way you
    could have both a Swing-based application and a Web app for the same
    functionality.

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 9, 2007

  3. boyScout

    boyScout Guest

    Most of the users are familiar to web browser. So my question was
    about, between web-app and swing-app, which one should be more secure
    and reliable in terms of access. Thanks
    boyScout, Feb 10, 2007
  4. On Feb 11, 1:28 am, "boyScout" <> wrote:
    > Most of the users are familiar to web browser. So my question was
    > about, between web-app and swing-app, which one should be more secure

    Swing app. I cannot imagine you could
    (reliably) offer secure web access, using
    'any old browser that might visit'.

    > and reliable in terms of access.

    Hard to say. That would depend on the
    end users possession of ..