    Ruby. Please provide some help to me.

    Regards
    Chirag
    Chirag Mistry, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Chirag Mistry wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
    > Ruby. Please provide some help to me.
    >
    > Regards
    > Chirag

    I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
    support
    the Unicode character.
    Robert Edwards, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Robert Edwards wrote:
    > Chirag Mistry wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
    >> Ruby. Please provide some help to me.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Chirag

    > I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
    > support
    > the Unicode character.

    Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
    character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

    Regards
    Chirag
    Chirag Mistry, Feb 5, 2008
  4. In article <>,
    Chirag Mistry <> wrote:
    >Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
    >character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

    Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or less dead
    AFAIK but it works).

    --
    Ollivier ROBERT -=- EEC/RIF/SEU -=-
    Systems Engineering Unit
    Ollivier Robert, Feb 5, 2008
  5. Ollivier Robert wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Chirag Mistry <> wrote:
    >>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
    >>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

    > Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
    > less dead
    > AFAIK but it works).

    Hi

    You mean to say string in Ruby 1.9 supports Unicode character?

    Regards
    Chirag
    Chirag Mistry, Feb 6, 2008
  6. Chirag Mistry wrote:
    > Ollivier Robert wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Chirag Mistry <> wrote:
    >>>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
    >>>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

    >> Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
    >> less dead
    >> AFAIK but it works).

    Can anyone give me more details for the same?
    How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
    1.9?

    Regards
    Chirag
    Chirag Mistry, Feb 8, 2008
  7. In article <>,
    Chirag Mistry <> wrote:
    >Can anyone give me more details for the same?
    >How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
    >1.9?

    Have you looked at the following?

    http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Changes in Ruby 1.9#l113

    --