help! get started on unit test.

shuisheng

Dear All,

I am using visual studipo 2005 (standard version which do not provide
unit test tool) to develop some c++ code. I want to do unit test while
I am coding. Anybody can suggest me an easy-to-use tool for unit tests?

I appreciate your suggestion.

Bests,

Shuisheng

Noah Roberts

shuisheng said:
Dear All,

I am using visual studipo 2005 (standard version which do not provide
unit test tool) to develop some c++ code. I want to do unit test while
I am coding. Anybody can suggest me an easy-to-use tool for unit tests?

I appreciate your suggestion.

There are many. CPPUnit, Boost::Test, on and on. There is one out of
Eckle's book that I have been using for a while...very simple but does
the trick. Use google.

Phlip

shuisheng said:
I am using visual studipo 2005 (standard version which do not provide
unit test tool) to develop some c++ code. I want to do unit test while
I am coding. Anybody can suggest me an easy-to-use tool for unit tests?

Note that unit tests are not a feature of your editor. Close integration
with your editor is great, but not perfectly required.

Unit tests are extra code in a separate module. Sometimes you should
configure your editor to call these tests as your main() project, and
sometimes you should configure your build scripts to call the tests each
time they build. There are reasons to do either (and integrating your unit
tests with your editor makes both of them easier).

This is one of the best C++ unit test libraries I have auditioned so far:

http://unittest-cpp.sourceforge.net/

Unlike CppUnit, it is very light, and not full of extra features. Unlike
Boost::Test, it correctly supports the notion of a Fixture.