Help needed to convert an easy php code to asp

Rabel

I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to
20mbs though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this
code to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that
should be pretty easy

<?php

if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {

$uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
$uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);

copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);

}
?>

Evertjan.

Rabel wrote on 28 aug 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to
20mbs though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this
code to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that
should be pretty easy

<?php

if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {

$uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
$uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);

copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);

}
?>

Most of us asp people don't know what this code does,
so please elaborate on your Q.

Daniel Crichton

Rabel wrote on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:53:07 -0700:
I am having trouble with our server host they are saying that the php
upload limit is 20 mbs but using the code below with my flash file I
can only get it to do 8mbs. I know that asp is allowing for up to 20mbs
though so I was hoping that someone would be able to change this code
to ASP(I am not very good at either php or asp). I think that should be
pretty easy

if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'])) {
$uploadDirectory = "uploads/";
$uploadFile = $uploadDirectory .
basename($_FILES['Filedata']['name']);
copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);

Fixing the PHP to work is likely going to simpler - ASP doesn't have a
simple upload file handler builtin, it requires either messing with raw
binary data or a 3rd party component. I'd suggest you try posting in a PHP
related group - it's probably as simple as editing the php.ini file to
adjust the maximum upload file size, or there might be a limit somewhere
else in the PHP application. As the default in many PHP settings is 8MB,
adjusting your php.ini is probably the easy solution - just look for the
post_max_size and upload_max_size values.

Dan

Rabel

[...]

Thanks guys for your help - Dan I have tried everything with our host
and just kept getting problems I knew that the asp upload feature we
had in another section worked so I converted that code and got that to
work

<%
Server.ScriptTimeout = 10000

Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload.1")
Upload.logonuser "", "h...7", "g....n"
Count = Upload.SaveVirtual ("./uploads/temp/")
For Each File in Upload.Files
File.CopyVirtual "./uploads/" & File.ExtractFileName
File.Delete ' delete from upload directory
Next
%>