Help needed with updating JSP Structs Bean using Tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by Miles Davenport, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. I have the following code (please see base of email) which displays text
    from a properties file ok.

    I have changed the properties file so the contents are different, but cannot
    get the new details to display. I have tried the following:

    -Stop and restart Apache and Tomcat.
    -Delete the Tomcat compiled Java and associated class for the JSP, and stop
    restart the server.
    -Cleared my browsers cache.
    - Checked logs for exceptions and errors, things look ok.

    None of these things work :( I have read about Tomcats management
    interface, but it has not been enabled. Is there some other cache I am not
    aware of ?

    Can someone please give me some pointers about where I am going wrong. Is
    there something easy I am missing (I hope so ;) ).

    thanks

    Miles.

    <%@ page language="java" %>
    <%@ page import="uk.co.???????.struts.*" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
    <head>
    <bean:message key="lable.title.email"/>
    <bean:message key="lable.title.registration"/>
    <bean:message key="lable.title.myDetails"/>

    Miles Davenport, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Miles Davenport wrote:
    > I have the following code (please see base of email) which displays
    > text from a properties file ok.

    > Can someone please give me some pointers about where I am going
    > wrong. Is there something easy I am missing (I hope so ;) ).

    1) This is not email, it is usenet.

    2) You are cross-posting to six groups.
    Two would require some justification,
    but six is simply ridiculous.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 4, 2004

  3. I really must thank Andrew for his constructive reply to my query. I do
    partly agree that the cross-post may have been abit over the top, but all
    the groups seem to be valid, and having searched numerous Java resources
    have still not found a solution.

    What I do find frustrating is the way that Andrew does not have have a valid
    from address. I have been using Usenet for quite a while, and find the
    superior attitude of some users frustrating. It is this sort attitude that
    really puts of novice users, and makes resources like Usenet seem elitist.

    I have nothing to prove, but felt people like Andrew need the odd pointer.
    Andrew, please don't reply to this thread, as I don't want to waste any
    more bandwidth. If you feel you must reply, please email me directly.

    thanks

    Miles.

    ps. If anyone out there has a potential solution to the original post,
    please post, or email me directly. :)

    Miles Davenport, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Miles Davenport

    Wendy S Guest

    "Miles Davenport" <milesd@ chocksaway. com> wrote in message
    > I have the following code (please see base of email) which displays text
    > from a properties file ok.
    > I have changed the properties file so the contents are different, but

    cannot
    > get the new details to display. I have tried the following:

    Please give the location of the .properties file. If it's in your 'source'
    tree, are you certain that you have copied it over to the directory
    structure that Tomcat is using?

    Perhaps not relevant, but Tomcat does serialize sessions by default. Are
    you closing your browser and coming in with a completely new session?

    And, *ONE* newsgroup is plenty. If you don't get a response after a
    reasonable amount of time, THEN move to another group. Save the
    crossposting for a true emergency where it's imperitive that you get your
    query in front of as many people as possible. By posting to so many groups,
    you risk being ignored by exactly sort of person you most need help from.

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ

    Wendy S, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Miles Davenport wrote:
    > I really must thank Andrew for his constructive reply to my query. I
    > do partly agree that the cross-post may have been abit over the top,

    Who are _you_ agreeing with? I stated
    your gross-posting was 'ridiculous', not
    a 'bit over the top'.

    > What I do find frustrating is the way that Andrew does not have have
    > a valid from address. I have been using Usenet for quite a while,
    > and find the superior attitude of some users frustrating.

    You poor, precious thing.
    There there, there there.

    >..It is this
    > sort attitude that really puts of novice users, and makes resources
    > like Usenet seem elitist.

    Some of got to work to increase the S/N ratio.

    > I have nothing to prove, but felt people like Andrew need the odd
    > pointer.

    Your certainly odd enough.

    >...Andrew, please don't reply to this thread, as I don't want
    > to waste any more bandwidth. If you feel you must reply, please
    > email me directly.

    Thanks for your suggestion. No.

    --
    Andrew Thompson