    application. I'm also trying to connect to an Oracle database using
    DBI. What am I doing wrong?

    Anne-Marte Krogsrud
    Anne-Marte, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Anne-Marte

    Atlantis Guest

    "Anne-Marte" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've written a simple perl-script which is supposed to run on a
    > win32-platform. What exactly do I need to do to make this script run?
    > I get an error message saying that my script is not a valid win32
    > application. I'm also trying to connect to an Oracle database using
    > DBI. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Anne-Marte Krogsrud

    To run your script, drop to dos command line and type...

    perl myscript.pl

    .... obviously substitute myscript.pl as appropriate.
    Atlantis, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Anne-Marte

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Anne-Marte wrote:
    > I've written a simple perl-script which is supposed to run on a
    > win32-platform. What exactly do I need to do to make this script run?
    > I get an error message saying that my script is not a valid win32
    > application. I'm also trying to connect to an Oracle database using
    > DBI. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Anne-Marte Krogsrud

    You don't say whether you installed a Perl interpreter, or if so, which one.

    I use the free download from http://www.activestate.com/. Once this is
    installed, all perl scripts are directly executable, so long as you use
    the expected filename extension ".pl".
    Ian Wilson, Feb 9, 2005