Help on maintenance state information ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. Dear all,

    I am beginer in asp.net and I try to understand how the context.handler works
    I have first web page on which I have 2 text box prefilled with default text

    Then from the second webform I retrive the value of those text box using:
    dim LastPage as MyFirstWebFrom

    LastPage=ctype(Context.handler,MyFirstWebFrom)
    MyFirstWebFrom.txtFirstName=LastPage.FirstName
    MyFirstWebFrom.txtLastName=LastPage.LastName

    This works really fine, then I try to do the same thing with a UserInfo
    class defined under MyFirstWebFrom

    On a button click event I update a USerInfo instance with the content of
    text box as
    UserInfo.LastName= txtLastName.Tex

    At this level my userInfo object do not have the content of the textbox
    value ???
    Is it because text box used cache event's ?

    How to update my userInfo object ??

    thnaks for your help
    regards
    serge
    =?Utf-8?B?c2VyZ2UgY2FsZGVyYXJh?=, Sep 13, 2005

  2. If you need to pass info/objects/etc I would suggest you populate them on the
    current page's postback prior to redirection to the next page. Store the info
    in session, db, etc, and then parse it in on the second page. This would
    eliminate the hassles of what is (and isn't) there when you are already on
    page 2.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Sep 13, 2005