help!! perl eats up my memory!!

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Elhanan Maayan, May 13, 2004.

  1. hi..
    i've written small program to test soap attachments against java axis:
    it should run on a loop until it receive a response from the servie to
    stop
    use strict;
    use SOAP::Lite;
    use SOAP::MIME;
    use MIME::Entity 50.01; #private module
    use IO::Dir;
    my $id=1;
    my @files =glob "*.tiff";
    my $count=0;
    my $i=0;
    my $index=0;
    my $total=@files;
    my $r=0;

    do{
    $index=$i % $total;
    {
    my $ent = MIME::Entity->build( (Path=> $files[$index],Id=> $id) );
    my $som = SOAP::Lite
    # ->readable(1)
    ->uri("urn:Testme")
    ->parts(($ent) )
    ->proxy("http://localhost:8080/axis/Testme.jws")
    ->echo(SOAP::Data->name("source")->attr( {'href'=>$id} ));
    $r=$som->result;
    }
    $i++;
    }while($r!=-99);
    print "Total: $i";

    when i looked at the task manager i kept seeing how the memory usage
    is growing and growing, it was only released when the script ended..
    any way to improve this?
    i tried placing inner brackets inside the loop in order to force that
    my variables go out of scope (didn't worked off course)..

    Elhanan Maayan, May 13, 2004