HELP: Problem with MS IE to open any XML file

Don

My system: WinXP SP1
IE: 6 SP1
Problem: when I try to open any XML file using IE, there is a notice for
downloading file, but nothing happens, and I cannot even close the notice
and IE. I searched on MSDN, but cannot find the answer. I reinstall the
MSXML package, and it does not work. Just a few days early I met such
problem. Everything is OK before that. I also wrote some codes using MSXML,
and it does not work now :-(

Please help me if you know how to solve this. Or I can only reinstall IE or
the XP?

Conner