Help, Strange Session Problem

fizbang

This should be impossible, but for some reason, people are not getting
individual sessions.

They start a session. I set the session("application") variable to the
unique number generated by an identity column on our sql server. I
only set session("application") at the begiinning and it should stay
the same as they fill out the application. But session("application")
is not staying the same. When another user starts the application, and
session("application") is set for them, it overwrites everyone elses
session("application"). So session("application") which must remain
unchanged, is changed!

I do use cookieless session state, but cookieless sessions were working
for months before the problem started. The application that worked
fine for months before the problem started. We have made changes to
the sql server and web server and application code, but I can't figure
out how these changes could affect the application in such a way. You
shouldn't be able to cross sessions even if you wanted to.

Anything come to mind?

Guest

Sounds kinda scary to me. But, as you mentioned, you've made changes to the
Sql Server, the webServer, and application code.
So essentially, now you need to put on your detective hat and go backwards,
and find out what it was that you changed that has caused this fiasco.
For us here who've never even seen the code, it would simply be a guessing
game.
And, yes, it is rare and near impossible (provided everything is working
properly) for users to get other users' sessions.
Good Luck!
Peter