    Some sites have a small text, help window show up when hovering over
    an object. I would like to know what tags are needed to achieve this
    effect. Any examples would be appreciated.
    Cogito, May 25, 2005

  2. Cogito

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:53:14 GMT, Cogito <> wrote:

    : Some sites have a small text, help window show up when hovering over
    : an object. I would like to know what tags are needed to achieve this
    : effect. Any examples would be appreciated.

    It's either a javascript pop-up, or they're using title, as in

    Sebastian</a>

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, May 25, 2005

  3. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:49:52 +0200, Sid Ismail <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:53:14 GMT, Cogito <> wrote:
    >
    >: Some sites have a small text, help window show up when hovering over
    >: an object. I would like to know what tags are needed to achieve this
    >: effect. Any examples would be appreciated.
    >
    >It's either a javascript pop-up, or they're using title, as in

    >Sebastian</a>
    >
    >Sid

    That's it. The 'title' does exactly what I was after. Thank you very
    much.

    BTW, I noticed that there is a small duration of time between the
    placing of the pointer over the graphic and the appearance of the
    text. Is this length of time controllable by a parameter?
    Cogito, May 25, 2005
  4. Cogito wrote:
    > BTW, I noticed that there is a small duration of time between the
    > placing of the pointer over the graphic and the appearance of the
    > text. Is this length of time controllable by a parameter?

    That's browser controlled. It's a good thing actually. Consider if you
    have a bunch of these on a page, and I move my mouse across the page
    looking for the Back button or something. If no time delay, the
    tooltips would be flying out at me as I go, like those annoying
    JavaScript fly-out menus...

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.