Help to select a lightweight java ide with intellisense, debugging

Amit

Hi ppl:

I am a dyed-in-the-wool vc++ programmer and have been working on Java
for the past one year. I am missing an ide that can offer some very
useful features like debugging and intellisense, and is not too heavy.

I have worked on the following two ide's
*JCreator - light weight, no debugging, no intellisense
*Netbeans - excruciatingly slow (on PII 256 MB, PIV 128 MB), offers
debugging and intellisense

Are there any ide's that you might have used which offer these
features. I would be grateful if you could give any hints,
suggestion.

thanks

Amit

Thomas Kellerer

Are there any ide's that you might have used which offer these
features. I would be grateful if you could give any hints,
suggestion.
(on PII 256 MB, PIV 128 MB)
Well no Java based IDE would probably run decently on that hardware. You might
want to try out GEL (www.gexperts.com) which is a native IDE for Windows and
memory footprint pretty low

Thomas

jAnO!

Amit said:
Hi ppl:

I am a dyed-in-the-wool vc++ programmer and have been working on Java
for the past one year. I am missing an ide that can offer some very
useful features like debugging and intellisense, and is not too heavy.

I have worked on the following two ide's
*JCreator - light weight, no debugging, no intellisense
*Netbeans - excruciatingly slow (on PII 256 MB, PIV 128 MB), offers
debugging and intellisense

Are there any ide's that you might have used which offer these
features. I would be grateful if you could give any hints,
suggestion.
Hint: You're hardware is out of date.
Suggestion: Get new hardware, get a proper IDE choose between Eclipse
and IntelliJ

Yakov

Try Eclipse (eclipse.org)- it works fine on 256MB of RAM, it's
intelligent, support refactoring, has a great debugger and it's free.

Regards,
Yakov

TrimKetoBoost