    What do you recommend ?

    Help!!!

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Why do u need such a scenario? are u trying to reduce the process or something?
    R. Thomas

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui4gVGhvbWFzLCBha2EgWHRyZW1lLk5ldA==?=, Jan 7, 2005

  3. I think you can System.Threading.Thread.Sleep() for some time between the
    loop.

    Sorting the Mail-list int the way that the email-address with same domain
    get seperated may help too.

    "Max" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Hi,

    Thanks for your response.

    Can you help me sending a link of a simple Thread tutorial? I only found
    "complex tutorials".

    I already have a column with the domain for each message, but I am with
    doubt about process this in a ASPX page ( presentation tier), I am thinking
    about some way to invoke it from a .bat using a schedule manager. I am coming
    from JAVA, in asp.net c# do we have something like a servlet ?

    Do you have idea about how to invoke HTTP URL from CMD ?

    PS: I am think about send blocks of 50 messages from diferent domains.

    Thanks,

    Max

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=, Jan 7, 2005
  5. I dont think its a good idea to put ur ASP.Net app to sleep...
    R. Thomas

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui4gVGhvbWFzLCBha2EgWHRyZW1lLk5ldA==?=, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Hi Thomas ,

    Is something diferent from apsx page on asp.net(C#) that could be invoked
    isolated ?

    If I can develop a isolated component and call this component from CMD .

    I can schedule it and leave the component working .

    Any ideia ?

    Thanks a lot
    Max

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Usually things like mailing is done by batches..
    The batches run on specified shcedules and is invisible to the user..
    I dont understand why u need to stop and process when its sending mails...
    Hth...
    R. Thomas

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui4gVGhvbWFzLCBha2EgWHRyZW1lLk5ldA==?=, Jan 7, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=

    Nelson R. Guest

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:55:04 -0800, Max <>
    wrote:

    >Do you have idea about how to invoke HTTP URL from CMD ?

    You can use start from command line to open an URL using the default
    browser:

    C:\>start http://www.microsoft.com

    Best regards,
    Nelson R.
    Nelson R., Jan 7, 2005
  9. Actually I don't think the idea of sending mass email through an ASP.NET
    application is good at all.

    He should write an standard application to do it.

    "R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Jan 7, 2005
  10. That's probably because most spam killers will determine your email server
    is sending spam if it receives certain amount of email from the same sender
    within a short period.

    "R. Thomas, aka Xtreme.Net" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > Usually things like mailing is done by batches..
    > The batches run on specified shcedules and is invisible to the user..
    > I dont understand why u need to stop and process when its sending mails...
    > Hth...
    > R. Thomas
    >
    > "Max" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Thomas ,
    > >
    > > Is something diferent from apsx page on asp.net(C#) that could be

    invoked
    > > isolated ?
    > >
    > > If I can develop a isolated component and call this component from CMD

    ..

    Lau Lei Cheong, Jan 7, 2005
  11. "Max" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for your response.
    >
    > Can you help me sending a link of a simple Thread tutorial? I only found
    > "complex tutorials".

    Manage the skill of multi-thread application will require some study so
    there's basically no simple tutorial on it.
    And the application you're writing actually doesn't require to use threading
    things.

    > I already have a column with the domain for each message, but I am with
    > doubt about process this in a ASPX page ( presentation tier), I am

    thinking
    > about some way to invoke it from a .bat using a schedule manager. I am

    coming
    > from JAVA, in asp.net c# do we have something like a servlet ?

    That'll be wise thing to do. Given you've got the data in database a tiny
    windows console application will be good enough. Writing a service that'll
    schedule itself to send the mail will be better.

    > Do you have idea about how to invoke HTTP URL from CMD ?

    Answered by others. "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    http://your.site" will do too.

    > PS: I am think about send blocks of 50 messages from diferent domains.

    I've heard domains like Sina have lower limit. Better keep it lower than 30.
    Lau Lei Cheong, Jan 7, 2005