Help wanted with GTK+ program

Hollaburoo

I'm working on a simple GTK+ wrapper around the flash Pandora Radio
player (Pandora.com).

It's very basic right now but I've got it almost working.
I'm using gtkmozembed to fetch and use the player and dbus to detect
multimedia keys.
The only problem I'm having is that the mozembed widget doesn't seem
to recognize the fake keypress event sent to it.

CODE

#!/usr/bin/env python

import gtk
import gtkmozembed
import dbus
from dbus.mainloop.glib import DBusGMainLoop

class Wrapper:
def __init__(self):
# Set-up the wrapper for the player

self.win = gtk.Window() # Create a new GTK window called 'win'

self.win.set_title("Pandora Player") # Set the title of the
window
self.win.set_icon_from_file('favicon.ico') # Set the window
icon to a web browser icon
self.win.set_position(gtk.WIN_POS_CENTER) # Position the
window in the centre of the screen

self.win.connect("destroy", self.close_window) # Connect the
'destroy' event to the 'CloseWindow' function, so that the app will
quit properly

# Handle media keys under Gnome
DBusGMainLoop(set_as_default=True)
bus = dbus.Bus(dbus.Bus.TYPE_SESSION)
settings = bus.get_object('org.gnome.SettingsDaemon', '/org/
gnome/SettingsDaemon') # Connect to gnome settings D-Bus
settings.connect_to_signal("MediaPlayerKeyPressed",
self.action)

# Create the browser widget
gtkmozembed.set_profile_path("/tmp", "simple_browser_user") #
Set a temporary Mozilla profile (works around some bug)
self.mozbrowser = gtkmozembed.MozEmbed() # Create the browser
widget

# Set-up the browser widget before we display it
self.win.add(self.mozbrowser) # Add the 'mozbrowser' widget to
the main window 'win'
self.mozbrowser.load_url("https://www.pandora.com:443/radio/
tuner_8_2_0_2_pandora.swf") # Load Pandora
self.mozbrowser.set_size_request(640,540) # Size arrived at
after careful trial and error
self.mozbrowser.show() # Needed for correct size

self.win.show_all() # Show the window

def PlayPause(self, ):
event = gtk.gdk.Event(gtk.gdk.KEY_PRESS)
event.keyval = gtk.keysyms.space
event.time = 0 # assign current time
self.mozbrowser.grab_focus()
self.win.emit('key_press_event', event)

def ThumbsDown(self):
event = gtk.gdk.Event(gtk.gdk.KEY_PRESS)
event.keyval = gtk.keysyms.minus
event.time = 0 # assign current time
self.mozbrowser.grabfocus()
self.win.emit('key_press_event', event)

def ThumbsUp(self):
event = gtk.gdk.Event(gtk.gdk.KEY_PRESS)
event.keyval = gtk.keysyms.plus
event.time = 0 # assign current time
self.mozbrowser.grabfocus()
self.win.emit('key_press_event', event)

def Skip(self):
event = gtk.gdk.Event(gtk.gdk.KEY_PRESS)
event.keyval = gtk.keysyms.Right
event.time = 0 # assign current time
self.mozbrowser.grabfocus()
self.win.emit('key_press_event', event)

# Handles key presses
def action(self, *keys):
for key in keys:
if key == "Play":
self.PlayPause()
elif key == "Stop":
self.ThumbsUp()
elif key == "Previous":
self.ThumbsDown()
elif key == "Next":
self.Skip()

def close_window(self, caller_widget):
"""Close the window and exit the app"""
gtk.main_quit() # Close the app fully

if __name__ == "__main__":
wrapper = Wrapper()
gtk.main()

DBenjamin

[...]

I was looking for something like you are writing and seen this post,
maybe it would help you?
http://rjoblog.wordpress.com/2007/12/19/pandora-4-all/
He is showing this url: https://www.pandora.com/radio/tuner_8_2_0_2_pandora.swf