Help with a numbing assignment

er.ahmed

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would need in order to position a robot
on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

Robert Gamble

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would need in order to position a robot
on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

Good luck with that. If you come up with a C question while working on
your assignment feel free to come back and ask.

Robert Gamble

Eric Sosman

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would need in order to position a robot
on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

Are you having a problem with the C language? I'm
sorry, but I can't fix C problems unless I can see the
code. Please post what you have done (snipped down to
a manageable size, but still complete and compilable),
and explain what the difficulty is, and someone will
try to help you.

Ancient_Hacker

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

We can't do your homework for you.

Some hints:

(1) If you have taken a course in geometry, especially analytical
geometry, vectors, cross products, go back and look at that textbook.
Even better, find some "cliffs notes", or "dummy's guide to"
analytical geometry. They cover this kind of stuff in the first 10
pages.

(2) These formulas are also used in geometric ray-tracing, which is
heavily used in optics and computer graphics. Google on "ray tracing
algorithms" or "lens design" and you'll get quite a few helpful pages.

osmium

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would need in order to position a robot
on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

Discussion of algorithms, which is what you have here, belong in
comp.programming or perhaps some math oriented newsgroup. Do not continue
this thread in this group. In any event, you should not expect much help
with a question such as this.

The question is probably a lot clearer to you than it is to us. I assume an
example use would be a robot playing basketball on a hilly court where the
altitude of the basket changes with time - or something. The first thing I
would do is choose a coordinate system, at least a "favored" system from
which you can convert to other systems. Wikipedia is a great help in many
technical endeavors. Start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinate_systems

and note there are links to more details on the different systems. Find the
easiest thing (function) to do, do it to build up confidence, then do
another one. The easiest is probably the distance between two points. I
would pretty much ignore his direction to be as efficient as possible. For
most school assignments one is doing well just to get the damn thing working
at all. If there is some time left before the due date, go back and critique
the way you did things.

Don't putter around with menus, pretty messages, and such like. They can
fascinate you and are great sinks that can consume huge blocks of time.

Here's another math site that might be helpful, note the geometry link.

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/topics/AppliedMathematics.html

Compile often. Use Wikipedia a lot.

Spiros Bousbouras

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would need in order to position a robot
on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

Yes , it sounds like something I can do easily.
How much are you paying ?

CBFalconer

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for
doing elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance
between two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would need in order to position a
robot on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

If you are trying to assemble a team to create that library, you
should mention the payscale involved. My rates can be as low as
100 USD per hour, for long jobs. Short jobs usually require double
that. Those are fairly typical for the homework help you will get
here.

In your case the job is relatively short, so the 200 number
applies. I will start after receiving a certified check for two
days, at 8 hours per day. That comes to 3200 USD. You should
accompany it with a detailed specification. If I don't like the
specification I will return the funds, less a one hour examination
fee.

You could have saved a fair amount by paying attention in class.
Obviously you can afford to squander the tuition fees.

goose

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do
^^^ ^^^^^

What *you* want *me* to do? Hehe...
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thats absolutely fscking hilarious.

<dries eyes>

goose,

pete

Hi,

We have been doing a project on mobile robots, and i have got this
assignment to be completed by this weekend.

Can someone crack this.

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points, angle between ball and target, etc.
Basically all the functions you would
need in order to position a robot
on the field, and let it score a goal.
You don't have to worry about object avoidance, but you should
implement the functions as efficient as possible.
Also, full documentation is required.

That was pretty good.
I laughed and I had to reread it
before I realised that it was a joke.

jmcgill

pete said:
That was pretty good.
I laughed and I had to reread it
before I realised that it was a joke.

Football humor that I would get if I were European?

Richard Bos

jmcgill said:
Football humor that I would get if I were European?

No. If you were European (or almost anywhere else in the world), you'd
get football humour instead.

Richard

Simon Biber

What I want you to do is create a library with C functions for doing
elementery geometric operations, such as finding the distance between
two points,

The distance between two points is calculated by the C library function
hypot.

dist = hypot(y2 - y1, x2 - x1);
angle between ball and target, etc.

The angle to one point from another (in radians) is calculated by the C
library function atan2.

angle = atan2(y2 - y1, x2 - x1);
Also, full documentation is required.

Documentation is provided in the C standard.