help with activexobject

Guest

Hi, i´m, trying to write a script that test if an aplication is installed
with this piece of code:

function IsMPInstalled()
{
try {
var oMP = new ActiveXObject("webex");
return true;
}
catch(e) {
return false;

The problem is that where i have written "webex", i should write the correct
name of the object, but i don´t know it. How can i guess it? Is there a list
where i can get the name of the object that correspond with an application?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

function IsMPInstalled()
{
try {
var oMP = new ActiveXObject("webex");
return true;
}
catch(e) {
return false;

The problem is that where i have written "webex", i should write the correct
name of the object, but i don´t know it. How can i guess it? Is there a list
where i can get the name of the object that correspond with an application?

I do not know. What object are you looking for?
If "MP" means "Microsoft Media Player", read
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...play/mmp_sdk/windowsmediaplayer9seriessdk.asp>

PointedEars