help with asp.net and sql

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Chris, Jun 12, 2008.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hello,

    I am kind of new to programming in asp.net and sql server. I was wondering
    if someone can help me create a stored view or a select statement to
    accomplish a task that I need to finish.

    I am programming is asp.net 2.0 and sql 2005 and basically I need to be able
    to search for a company on the web page using combo boxes and get the
    results from the search table. I have various comb boxes with companies and
    prices and when the user chooses an option from one of the boxes it should
    only display the companies that meet the requirements (like location, price,
    ect). I know how to make the connections and display data, the problem comes
    when I try to figure out the select statement to sort the data from the
    boxes. If anyone can give me some ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks.

    Chris, Jun 12, 2008