    I would like to open a window without decoration, rather than a regular
    browser

    thanks for your help

    Mel, Sep 5, 2006

    Harlan Messinger, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Mel wrote:
    > 1) There are no browsers open on the Windows Desktop
    > 2) I have a Desktop Icon the user clicks on. This will open a browser
    > and show stuff.
    >
    > Is it possible to open a browser (IE) with no menus, status etc. ???
    > from command line (DOS exec)
    >
    > AGAIN. The command to invoke browser is handled via DESKTOP and not
    > clicking on a LINK in a browser.
    >
    > I would like to open a window without decoration, rather than a regular
    > browser

    Not that I know of. Wouldn't this be more of an IE question than an HTML
    question?

    Harlan Messinger, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Mel

    Mel Guest

    Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > Mel wrote:
    > > 1) There are no browsers open on the Windows Desktop
    > > 2) I have a Desktop Icon the user clicks on. This will open a browser
    > > and show stuff.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to open a browser (IE) with no menus, status etc. ???
    > > from command line (DOS exec)
    > >
    > > AGAIN. The command to invoke browser is handled via DESKTOP and not
    > > clicking on a LINK in a browser.
    > >
    > > I would like to open a window without decoration, rather than a regular
    > > browser

    > Not that I know of. Wouldn't this be more of an IE question than an HTML
    > question?

    Well I am using IE as an example, but it could be any browser

    Mel, Sep 5, 2006
  5. Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > Mel wrote:
    >> 1) There are no browsers open on the Windows Desktop
    >> 2) I have a Desktop Icon the user clicks on. This will open a browser
    >> and show stuff.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to open a browser (IE) with no menus, status etc. ???
    >> from command line (DOS exec)
    >>
    >> AGAIN. The command to invoke browser is handled via DESKTOP and not
    >> clicking on a LINK in a browser.
    >>
    >> I would like to open a window without decoration, rather than a regular
    >> browser

    > Not that I know of. Wouldn't this be more of an IE question than an HTML
    > question?

    Then this is an OS not an HTML question. You want kiosk mode, for IE
    from the command line (all on one line):

    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -k http://www.example.com

    For other browsers it is different, Firefox needs modification to run
    kiosk mode.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 5, 2006
  6. Mel

    Mel Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > > Mel wrote:
    > >> 1) There are no browsers open on the Windows Desktop
    > >> 2) I have a Desktop Icon the user clicks on. This will open a browser
    > >> and show stuff.
    > >>
    > >> Is it possible to open a browser (IE) with no menus, status etc. ???
    > >> from command line (DOS exec)
    > >>
    > >> AGAIN. The command to invoke browser is handled via DESKTOP and not
    > >> clicking on a LINK in a browser.
    > >>
    > >> I would like to open a window without decoration, rather than a regular
    > >> browser

    > > Not that I know of. Wouldn't this be more of an IE question than an HTML
    > > question?

    > Then this is an OS not an HTML question. You want kiosk mode, for IE
    > from the command line (all on one line):
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -k http://www.example.com
    >
    > For other browsers it is different, Firefox needs modification to run
    > kiosk mode.
    >
    > --
    > Take care,

    I followed the instruction you gave me, and now i get a FULL SCREEN
    with no borders that i can not get rid of anymore. are there other
    options for width/height and how do i kill the screen ?

    i tried Esc, that did nothing

    thanks a whole bunch for your help

    Mel, Sep 6, 2006
  7. Mel wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> Harlan Messinger wrote:

    >>> Not that I know of. Wouldn't this be more of an IE question than an HTML
    >>> question?

    >> Then this is an OS not an HTML question. You want kiosk mode, for IE
    >> from the command line (all on one line):
    >>
    >> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -k http://www.example.com
    >>
    >> For other browsers it is different, Firefox needs modification to run
    >> kiosk mode.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Take care,
    >>

    > I followed the instruction you gave me, and now i get a FULL SCREEN
    > with no borders that i can not get rid of anymore. are there other
    > options for width/height and how do i kill the screen ?
    >
    > i tried Esc, that did nothing

    That is the *problem* with kiosk mode, not controls! You must close with
    keyboard command only and for Windows the default is ALT+F4

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 6, 2006