Help with error: "Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harris, May 10, 2005.

  1. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    I'm trying to access a password protected web service. My code is as
    follows:

    Dim BS7666 As New bs7666.BS7666 'New instance of my web service
    Dim CredCache As CredentialCache = New CredentialCache
    Dim WebSvcURL As System.Uri = New System.Uri(BS7666.Url)
    CredCache.Add(WebSvcURL, "Basic", New NetworkCredential("USERNAME",
    "PASSWORD", "DOMAIN")) 'This is the line it fails on
    BS7666.Credentials = CredCache
    Dim DataSet_bs7666 As New DataSet
    DataSet_bs7666 = BS7666.GetAddresses(CStr(0), "", strPostCode.ToLower,
    BuildingNoOrName.ToLower, "", strStreet.ToLower, 0, 0)

    Error:
    Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
    Any help will be much appreciated - I've been struggling with this all
    day!
    :(

    It has removed 2200 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    Simon Harris, May 10, 2005