Help with error message

abhishek.ip

I am getting the following error message while compiling.
Can someone tell me the root cause of this message and how to fix it.
TIA !

LINUX/ntfTestCases2.o(.bss+0xe8):/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/
3.4.6/../../../../include/c++/3.4.6/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2459:
multiple definition of `saNtfSample'

Richard Bos

I am getting the following error message while compiling.
multiple definition of `saNtfSample'
Can someone tell me the root cause of this message

You have defined something called saNtfSample more than once.
and how to fix it.

Remove one of the definitions of saNtfSample.

Without seeing your code, we can't give you a more accurate answer
reliably, but one of the more common causes are that you have put a
definition, not a declaration, of an object (more rarely of a function)
in a header. If you then include that header twice, the object is
defined twice. The solution in that case is to put a declaration in the
header, and the definition in one of the source files.

Richard

Vallabha

I am getting the following error message while compiling.
Can someone tell me the root cause of this message and how to fix it.
TIA !

LINUX/ntfTestCases2.o(.bss+0xe8):/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/
3.4.6/../../../../include/c++/3.4.6/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2459:
multiple definition of `saNtfSample'

As the error says compiler is coming across multiple defintions of
'saNtfSample'. You need to have a single defintion for any function/
varibale in your compilation unit. Get rid of the places where
'saNtfSample' has been defined multiple time.

cheers
-Vallabha
S7 Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd

Ben Bacarisse

I am getting the following error message while compiling.
Can someone tell me the root cause of this message and how to fix it.
TIA !

LINUX/ntfTestCases2.o(.bss+0xe8):/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/
3.4.6/../../../../include/c++/3.4.6/bits/locale_facets.tcc:2459:
^^^ ^^^
I think you might get better answers in comp.lang.c++