Help with existing scipt

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by C Elson, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. C Elson

    C Elson Guest

    I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

    I'm trying to use a script called Animated Window Opener II
    (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/animatedwin2.htm) from
    Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/) but what I want it to do
    is something a little different.

    I'm trying to use this script (Animated Window Opener II) with
    wallpapers that will pop up (expand) into a new window. On the page
    there's wallpapers that are 1024x768 and 800x600

    How can I go about having the windows pop up to both these sizes? Will
    I have to have 2 javascript actions or can I incorporate them into one
    code?

    For example:
    Wallpaper 1
    1024 x 768 (would be a text link)
    800 x 600 (would be a text link)

    Both those links I'd like to open with different sizes

    Or is there any other similar javascript script out there that will
    act like Animated Window Opener II and do what I'd like done?

    Thanks for everyone's help
    C Elson, Feb 1, 2004

  2. C Elson

    Randy Webb Guest

    C Elson wrote:

    > For example:
    > Wallpaper 1
    > 1024 x 768 (would be a text link)
    > 800 x 600 (would be a text link)
    >
    > Both those links I'd like to open with different sizes

    function expandingWindow(website) {
    var
    windowprops='width=100,height=100,scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizable=yes'

    Change those two lines to something like this:

    function expandingWindow(website,winWidth,winHeight) {
    var windowprops='width=' + winWidth +
    ',height=' + winHeight + ',scrollbars=yes,status=yes,resizable=yes'

    And then change this line:

    <input type="button" value="Freewarejava"
    onClick="expandingWindow('http://www.freewarejava.com')">

    To something like this:

    <input type="button" value="Image 1024x768"
    onClick="expandingWindow('URL to Image',1024,768)">

    <input type="button" value="Image 800x600"
    onClick="expandingWindow('URL to Image',800,600)">

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
    Randy Webb, Feb 1, 2004

  3. C Elson

    C Elson Guest

    Thanks for your suggestons.

    I tried thos changes but they didn't seem to work.

    C Elson, Feb 2, 2004