Help with Fileman V-1, File Manager

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Angel, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Angel

    Angel Guest

    Hello. First,I know next to nothing about perl. That being said...

    I uploaded and changed permissions for the file manager mentioned on the
    subject line. The FM showed a width of 630 pixels on my 1024 screen. I
    edited the script tables and changed the width to 100%. The FM now shows
    as nearly full screen, except for the sub-directories which load at 630
    pixels. And after any action is done, even the root directory will then
    show as 630 pixels.

    I have poured over this script and cannot see why this is happening, but
    as already stated, I know nothing about perl scripts beyond a little
    tinkering.

    If someone is interested in taking a look I will post script.

    Thank you. Angel

    Remove "ShirT" to reply.
    --
    Archives for the Walrus Contest
    http://WeeklyWalrus.com

    Weekly Walrus Contest entries and rules
    http://web.newsguy.com/evilsideshowbob/index.html

    Angel, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Angel <> writes:
    > I uploaded and changed permissions for the file manager mentioned on the
    > subject line.

    I've never heard of it. Is it GTK-based? Qt? Curses? *gack* *spit*
    CGI? How can you expect anyone to comment on something that's
    brand-new to them? ESR has a fairly helpful page on How To Ask
    Questions the Smart Way at his website:

    <URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

    I strongly urge you to read it over.

    > I have poured over this script and cannot see why this is happening, but
    > as already stated, I know nothing about perl scripts beyond a little
    > tinkering.

    We are happy to discuss specific Perl questions here, but we're not a
    free helpdesk. You'll get the best results if you show you've spent
    some time and effort of your own on the problem.

    > If someone is interested in taking a look I will post script.

    If anyone is interested, they'll only be interested in a very small
    script (on the order of 10-20 lines) that reproduces the problem.
    Very often, just the act of trying to reduce a large script to the
    smallest program that reproduces the problem you're seeing is enough
    to show you where the trouble is. It also has the benefit of showing
    that you've invested some effort yourself-- nobody likes being used as
    free support, but most people don't mind helping someone who is trying
    hard.

    -=Eric
    -- Blair Houghton.

    Eric Schwartz, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Angel

    Angel Guest

    It's cgi.

    Sorry, I have obviously made an erronous mistake. Please ignore my
    request for help. Thank you.

    Angel

    Eric Schwartz <> posted this mush in

    Angel, Jul 14, 2003