Help with Fileman V-1, File Manager

Angel

Hello. First,I know next to nothing about perl. That being said...

I uploaded and changed permissions for the file manager mentioned on the
subject line. The FM showed a width of 630 pixels on my 1024 screen. I
edited the script tables and changed the width to 100%. The FM now shows
as nearly full screen, except for the sub-directories which load at 630
pixels. And after any action is done, even the root directory will then
show as 630 pixels.

I have poured over this script and cannot see why this is happening, but
as already stated, I know nothing about perl scripts beyond a little
tinkering.

If someone is interested in taking a look I will post script.

Thank you. Angel

Remove "ShirT" to reply.
--
Archives for the Walrus Contest
http://WeeklyWalrus.com

Weekly Walrus Contest entries and rules
http://web.newsguy.com/evilsideshowbob/index.html

Eric Schwartz

Angel said:
I uploaded and changed permissions for the file manager mentioned on the
subject line.

I've never heard of it. Is it GTK-based? Qt? Curses? *gack* *spit*
CGI? How can you expect anyone to comment on something that's
brand-new to them? ESR has a fairly helpful page on How To Ask
Questions the Smart Way at his website:

<URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

I strongly urge you to read it over.
I have poured over this script and cannot see why this is happening, but
as already stated, I know nothing about perl scripts beyond a little
tinkering.

We are happy to discuss specific Perl questions here, but we're not a
free helpdesk. You'll get the best results if you show you've spent
some time and effort of your own on the problem.
If someone is interested in taking a look I will post script.

If anyone is interested, they'll only be interested in a very small
script (on the order of 10-20 lines) that reproduces the problem.
Very often, just the act of trying to reduce a large script to the
smallest program that reproduces the problem you're seeing is enough
to show you where the trouble is. It also has the benefit of showing
that you've invested some effort yourself-- nobody likes being used as
free support, but most people don't mind helping someone who is trying
hard.

-=Eric

Angel

It's cgi.

Sorry, I have obviously made an erronous mistake. Please ignore my
request for help. Thank you.

Angel