    Yes, I'm using Rich Text in Outlook and I've tried Yahoo email with HTML. It
    always shows up unformatted, exactly like above. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    GEO, May 16, 2007

  2. GEO

    D. Guest

    "GEO" <> wrote in news:gBK2i.7440$vu2.1868@trndny01:

    > I've uploaded an mp3 and a jpg to fileden.com. I want to send an email
    > where the recipient can click a link (eg. CLICK HERE) and go to the
    > fileden.com page with the mp3. I want the jpg to show up in the email
    > without having to click anything.

    Hmmm, if the user doesn't 'click' the ON button on their
    PC, how will the JPEG show up?

    > Yes, I'm using Rich Text in Outlook and I've tried Yahoo email with
    > HTML. It always shows up unformatted, exactly like above. What am I
    > doing wrong?

    You are trying to force your desires onto people who
    may not wish to view your JPEG, or listen to your MP3.

    No matter whether you send 'properly formatted HTML email'
    (I think that's almost an oxymoron) or not, anyone who
    reads that email with a proper email client (i.e. not
    Outlook) that allows reading emails in plain text won't
    see your JPEG anyway, no matter what you do. Do you
    realize that you are trying to do something that more
    and more people don't want (i.e. to receive emails
    that contain potential vectors for malware).

    Create a webpage that hosts your JPEG. Add the ability
    to play the MP3 if the page visitor wants to hear it.
    Do not try and make the MP3 play automatically when the
    page loads. Send your email with a link to the webpage.
    D., May 17, 2007