    I'm starting a website, but I don't know a lot of HTML. Can someone help me?

    --
    Flux Celeste

    Flux Celeste, Nov 20, 2003

  2. David Dorward, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Flux Celeste wrote:
    > I'm starting a website, but I don't know a lot of HTML. Can someone help me?

    Help you how? Teach you HTML, give you a tutorial link, make a site for
    you, what?

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Flux Celeste wrote:
    > I'm starting a website,

    yahay - good luck.

    > but I don't know a lot of HTML.

    Fortunately, there isn't much HTML.

    > Can someone help me?

    Certainly - perhaps, almost certainly. What do you need?

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Nov 20, 2003
  5. "Flux Celeste" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting a website, but I don't know a lot of HTML. Can someone help

    me?

    I always found this one to be a good reference to start HTML:

    http://www.htmlgoodies.com

    Fredo Vincentis, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Fredo Vincentis wrote:

    > "Flux Celeste" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm starting a website, but I don't know a lot of HTML. Can someone
    >> help

    > me?
    >
    > I always found this one to be a good reference to start HTML:
    >
    > http://www.htmlgoodies.com

    I'm not so sure, just glancing at the source for their opening page,
    they seem to have a title element before the doctype and are closing a
    head element they don't seem to have opened. I suppose it doesn't mean
    the site is of no use but I don't think it augures well.

    --
    frostie
    http://brightonfixedodds.net

    Robert Frost-Bridges, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Flux Celeste

    Mark Hubble Guest

    I'd suggest you get a book on HTML. "QUE" do good ones. Try a discount
    bookstore. I picked one up for a fiver.You could also use www.google.com
    (or any search engine) and look for "HTML help hints tips how to" or
    "Website generators" etc.

    Lots of sites have website generators that you could use to get you started.
    I think I first started at LYCOS. Just checked there and they do have a
    "build a website" section.

    Bravenet and webmonkey were also useful.

    Mark Hubble, Nov 23, 2003
  8. On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:49:18 GMT, "Flux Celeste"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm starting a website, but I don't know a lot of HTML. Can someone help me?

    I have just started creating webpages and I am relying on Microsoft's
    FrontPage 98 which I got on Ebay for less than $20. It has a
    what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor which makes it relatively painless
    to create webpages. See the URL http://members.cox.net/sbk11 and the
    website in my sig to see what I've done with FrontPage 98.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas
    kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    website: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Nov 24, 2003
  9. Flux Celeste

    lostinspace Guest

    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:49:18 GMT, "Flux Celeste"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm starting a website, but I don't know a lot of HTML. Can someone help

    me?

    > I have just started creating webpages and I am relying on Microsoft's
    > FrontPage 98 which I got on Ebay for less than $20. It has a
    > what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor which makes it relatively painless
    > to create webpages. See the URL http://members.cox.net/sbk11 and the
    > website in my sig to see what I've done with FrontPage 98.
    >
    > Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    This link to a Front Page webmasters forum.
    http://www.outfront.net/

    You might also be aware of two things?
    One this is an html group which deplores anything created by FrontPage (be
    prepared for the wrath,) and two:
    That wrath is created by either the creation of html bloat by either
    MS-Word users creating webages from within that software or FP users
    directly cutting and pasting from Word to FP (This should NEVER be done,
    instead, cut and paste from Word to NotePad and then into FP.)

    lostinspace, Nov 24, 2003
  10. Flux Celeste

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <2fhwb.12449$P%>,
    says...

    > You might also be aware of two things?
    > One this is an html group which deplores anything created by FrontPage (be
    > prepared for the wrath,)....

    You should change that to WRONGLY deplores anything created by
    frontpage.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Nov 24, 2003
  11. Flux Celeste

    lostinspace Guest

    lostinspace, Nov 24, 2003
  12. Whitecrest wrote:
    > You should change that to WRONGLY deplores anything created by
    > frontpage.

    No, it should be removed entirely. Groups don't have opinions, people
    do. I think that most things created in Frontpage are plain awful, but
    it can probably be used well in some cases.

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 24, 2003
  13. Flux Celeste

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <vJpwb.12475$P%>,
    says...
    > > > You might also be aware of two things?
    > > > One this is an html group which deplores anything created by FrontPage

    > (be
    > > > prepared for the wrath,)....

    > > You should change that to WRONGLY deplores anything created by
    > > frontpage.

    > I agree!
    > However, you'll never get that established here.

    Sigh.... you are so right....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com