Help with JPOS

Discussion in 'Java' started by duke3113@mypacks.net, Aug 28, 2006.

    I've written a fairly simple java class that handles a few things
    with a signature capture device using java comm. When run under Linux,
    It works without error when a single user executes it. However,
    whenever a second user executes a instance of the class, errors are
    thrown - typically an ArrayOutOfBounds exception.

    I think it is related to the way in which the class is instantiated
    when executed, but I'm clueless. I've posted the primary code below.
    BTW, it runs headless from the command line rather than a GUI.

    Any hints?

    - Duke

    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;
    import java.awt.image.BufferedImage;
    import java.beans.*;
    import javax.comm.*;
    import java.io.*;
    import java.util.*;
    import java.lang.Thread;

    public class JSig implements DataListener
    {

    public static void main( String args[] )
    {
    JSig js = null;

    try
    {
    js = new JSig( args );
    js.process();
    }
    catch( Exception e )
    {
    System.out.println("JSig:Error in execution: " +
    e.getMessage());
    System.exit( 1 );

    , Aug 28, 2006

  2. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've written a fairly simple java class that handles a few things
    > with a signature capture device using java comm. When run under Linux,
    > It works without error when a single user executes it. However,
    > whenever a second user executes a instance of the class, errors are
    > thrown - typically an ArrayOutOfBounds exception.

    Post the stacktrace and code that the stack trace refers to.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Aug 30, 2006