Help with migrating my C++ course to "Accelerated C++" text.

blangela

I am currently teaching 2 part-time (one evening per week) C++ courses
using the Deitel & Deitel "C++ How To Program" text. Each course is 13
weeks in length, including time for labs and exams. In earlier posts
to this usenet site, people have recommended that I switch texts to
"Accelerated C++" by Koenig and Moo.

I have just recently received a desk copy of the text from the
publisher and I do believe that the approach taken by the authors is
preferable to the one taken by the authors of my current text. I am
therefore seriously considering moving my C++ courses to this text
(with supplementary material from other sources). Since I work full
time and also have other obligations, I am looking for any help I can
find to assist in converting my courses over (otherwise, I perceive,
this will take me several years to accomplish). Therefore, I am
looking for course slides, solutions to text exercises, additional
exercises, etc. I could produce all of these material myself (I have
done so in the past, when I was a full time instructor), but presently
it would take longer than I prefer.

Any assistance from anyone "out there" who might be able to provide
assistance or point me in the direction of resources that might assist
me, it would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

BL

Roberto Waltman

blangela said:
I am currently teaching 2 part-time (one evening per week) C++ courses
using the Deitel & Deitel "C++ How To Program" text.
..... people have recommended that I switch texts to
"Accelerated C++" by Koenig and Moo.

... I am looking for any help I can
find to assist in converting my courses over (otherwise, I perceive,
this will take me several years to accomplish). Therefore, I am
looking for course slides, solutions to text exercises, additional
exercises, etc.

Can not help personally, but the first thing to come to mind is that
may be that authors themselves know of somebody using their book as a
course text. Try contacting them directly or via the publisher.