    All I get is a printout to the screen, the test.txt or test.html is
    created but with nothing inside. Even piping the output to more or /p
    doesn't do anything.

    Harris, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Harris

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Harris wrote:

    > I'm trying to use the POD translators to convert my comments into
    > either a text file or a html page. I've used the commandline calls
    > "pod2text test.pl | more" "pod2text test.pl > test.txt" as well as the
    > pod2html translator. (all from Programming Perl 3rd Ed)
    > All I get is a printout to the screen, the test.txt or test.html is
    > created but with nothing inside. Even piping the output to more or /p
    > doesn't do anything.

    Did you try the syntax specified by both
    perldoc pod2text
    and
    pod2text -h
    ?

    They say that the output file should be specified on the command line,
    right after the input file...

    Let us know the results of that command, please.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Harris

    Harris Guest

    Paul Lalli wrote:

    > Harris wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to use the POD translators...

    > Did you try the syntax specified by both
    > perldoc pod2text
    > and
    > pod2text -h
    > ?
    >
    > They say that the output file should be specified on the command
    > line, right after the input file...
    >
    > Let us know the results of that command, please.
    >
    > Paul Lalli

    Thanks a lot for that, my mistake was to try and use '|' and '>' to
    direct the output of Pod2text to the input file. The correct
    commandline call was "pod2text input.pl output.txt" rather than
    "pod2text input.pl > output.txt".

    Harris, Sep 7, 2004