help with string compare

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jrthor2, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. jrthor2

    jrthor2 Guest

    I have a .net application that is using microsofts locator service. I
    have this working, but when I select a user to locate from my contact
    list, it comes back with a map, but the pushpin has the users
    domain\username as the pin label. I would lik to show the person's
    display name instead. I was told I need to iterate through my array
    of locatable contacts, performing a string compare of pr.DomainAlias
    to LocatableContact.DomainAlias. When I find the match, you'd
    then have to get the display name from there, and assign it to
    p.Label. Below is my code when selecting a contact from my list,
    could someone help me do this. I am very new to .NET. Thanks

    If rbBuddy.Checked = True Then

    Dim myContacts() As LocatableContact
    myContacts = Session("myContacts")

    Dim li As ListItem
    Dim al As ArrayList = New ArrayList

    Dim cnt As Integer = -1

    For Each li In lstBuddies.Items
    cnt = cnt + 1
    If li.Selected = True Then

    al.Add(mycontacts(cnt).DomainAlias)
    End If
    Next

    Dim users(al.Count - 1) As String
    users = al.ToArray(GetType(String))

    Try
    posResults = locService.GetPositions(users)

    If posResults.PositionsFound <= 0 Then
    lblMessage.Text = "Problem finding."
    Else
    Dim pr As Position
    Dim local As New ArrayList
    Dim l As Location = New Location

    For Each pr In posResults.Positions
    If pr.ResultCode =
    PositionResultCode.Succeeded Then
    Dim p As New Pushpin
    p.Label = pr.DomainAlias
    p.LatLong = pr.LatLong
    'p.IconDataSource =
    "MapPoint.Icons"
    'p.IconName = "152"
    'prgjr1 - use our custom icons
    p.IconDataSource =
    "Rite_Aid.8792"
    p.IconName = "mobile_phone"
    p.PinID = "pinid"
    pins.Add(p)
    l = New Location
    l.LatLong = New LatLong
    l.LatLong = pr.LatLong

    local.Add(l)
    End If
    Next

    lblMessage.Text = "Found Location!"

    Dim myRenderService As New RenderServiceSoap
    myRenderService =
    Session("myRenderService")

    Dim ds As String
    ds = lstDatasource.SelectedValue
    mv = myRenderService.GetBestMapView( _

    local.ToArray(GetType(Location)),
    ds).ByHeightWidth

    'mv.CenterPoint =
    posResults.Positions(0).LatLong
    'mv.Height = 1.0
    'mv.Width = 1.0
    'lstZoom.SelectedIndex = 2

    End If
    Catch ex As Exception
    lblMessage.Text = "Error Finding Buddies. Try
    again in a few minutes." '& ex.ToString

    End Try
    End If

    [/code]