Help with Video::Capture module

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Stan Brown, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    I'm trying to replace some system() calls to v4lctl in a script I'm
    writing.

    Looks like I can use Video::Capture, but I dont understand the examples.

    Looks like I start off by creating an object like this:

    $grab = new Video::Capture::V4l
    or die "Unable to open Videodevice: $!";

    But, since I have more than one captur card (eg /dev/video0 ...
    /dev/vdieon), how do I specify which one the objetc opens?

    Also, how do I set the sourec *eg telivision, Composire1)

    neither liberty nor safety."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

    Stan Brown, Oct 30, 2003