Help with wxSugar please

Alex Ciarlillo

I am playing around with making some sort of GUI in ruby and have settle
on wxRuby. I stumbled across wxSugar and the sample code here:
http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?WxSugar
but that code does not run!?

It is saying that all the methods associated with Wx::Choice that he
uses (each_string, strings[], data[], delete_if) do not exist and I have
no clue why. I cannot find ANY documentation on wxSugar so I'm not sure
how I'm supposed to pick it up.

Also, in that example code he adds Wx::Choice and a Wx::TextCtrl, but
how can I get to the data in these controls? I know the method is
something like choice.get_current_selection(), but how do I reference it
anywhere if it has no identifier or name? For example if I selected
something from the Wx::Choice and I want that selection to print to the
screen when I click a button, how do I access that selection in the
button code?

thanks
-alex

Alec Ross

Alex said:
[...]

Question for: (e-mail address removed) ?

Regards,

Alec