HELP: Yellow TextBox ??

Jurjen de Groot

I'm developing a ASP.NET/VB.NET web application. (VS.NET 2003)

I've created several webpages, but on two pages one textbox colors yellow
(the background) and I can't get the background to appear as White as it
should by default. Even setting the background to Red doesn't prevent it,
the textbox still appears with a yellow background. With or Without using a
stylesheet the textbox still appears with a yellow background.

The textbox is drawn within a table just like the other textboxes who DO
have a standard white background. I'm going crazy here... When I look at the
source code of the page using 'View source' in my IE6SP1 browser I don't see
anything that would indicate the background should be yellow for that
particular control.

I know it's not much to go on but ...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If anyone needs additional info please let me know.

Jurjen de Groot
G.I.T.S. Netherlands.

Chris Becker

By any chance did you recently install Google's Toolbar 2.0 Beta? It has a
new feature called AutoFill and it highlights any textboxes that it knows
information for with a yellow background.

Jurjen de Groot

Axel,

I'm not sure what you mean by *directly* do you mean setting the BackColor
property ? I've done that, but when the page displays that's overridden and
background color is set to yellow. I've changed the control's ID from
txtEmail to textbox1 but there's no difference. I even deleted the control
from the page and created a new textbox, still the same result.

I've just been trying some things and on one of the pages, I use plain text
in the left Cell and a text box in the ajoining cell if the text reads
'e-Mail' then the textbox appears yellow, if the text reads 'blabla' then
the textbox appears white. Very strange.... I also tried putting a label in
the left cell instead of using text but that makes no difference.

If I create a label and a textbox outside of the table and I put 'eMail' in
the Label1.Text then the Textbox also has a yellow background.

The yellow background of the Textbox on the other page (txtPostcode) does
not change if I remove the text 'Postcode' in front of it like the text
'Email' does on this page.

I'm really going nuts here...
Hope you can help me ...

Kind regards,

Jurjen de Groot
G.I.T.S. Netherlands

What if you apply a style *directly* to the Textbox control? Doesn't the
background colour change? Does the Textbox control belong to a particular
class? Have you tried changing the controls' IDs?

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

Jurjen de Groot

Axel,

I just created a new webapp, changed my pageLayout to FlowLayout (as I
always do), then painted a label and a textbox next to each other.
Label1.Text = 'eMail' then hit F5 and guess what, the textbox
backgroundcolor = Yellow
If I create some spaces between the label and the textbox and place another
textbox in between the first label and textbox and then run it, then the
backgroundcolor of the textbox closest to the label turns yellow ?

regards, Jurjen.

What if you apply a style *directly* to the Textbox control? Doesn't the
background colour change? Does the Textbox control belong to a particular
class? Have you tried changing the controls' IDs?

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

Jurjen de Groot

Chris,

As a matter of fact, I did that just last week.
I've been going crazy about this since last night, I've spent hours trying
to find the problem !!
I just tried the site on my XP machine on which I didn't install the google
toolbar and it works just fine there.

Thanks a million !!

Jurjen.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Thanks very much for bringing the info to us, Chris. I will log it into my
knowledge base. :)

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft

Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com
--------------------
!From: "Chris Becker" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: Yellow TextBox ??
!Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:47:28 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!
!By any chance did you recently install Google's Toolbar 2.0 Beta? It has a
!new feature called AutoFill and it highlights any textboxes that it knows
!information for with a yellow background.
!
!
!!> I'm developing a ASP.NET/VB.NET web application. (VS.NET 2003)
!>