    If anyone needs additional info please let me know.

    Jurjen de Groot
    G.I.T.S. Netherlands.
    Jurjen de Groot, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Jurjen de Groot

    Chris Becker Guest

    Re: Yellow TextBox ??

    By any chance did you recently install Google's Toolbar 2.0 Beta? It has a
    new feature called AutoFill and it highlights any textboxes that it knows
    information for with a yellow background.

    "Jurjen de Groot" <> wrote in message
    > I'm developing a ASP.NET/VB.NET web application. (VS.NET 2003)
    >
    > I've created several webpages, but on two pages one textbox colors yellow
    > (the background) and I can't get the background to appear as White as it
    > should by default. Even setting the background to Red doesn't prevent it,
    > the textbox still appears with a yellow background. With or Without using

    > stylesheet the textbox still appears with a yellow background.
    >
    > The textbox is drawn within a table just like the other textboxes who DO
    > have a standard white background. I'm going crazy here... When I look at

    the
    > source code of the page using 'View source' in my IE6SP1 browser I don't

    see

    Chris Becker, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Re: Yellow TextBox ??

    Axel,

    I'm not sure what you mean by *directly* do you mean setting the BackColor
    property ? I've done that, but when the page displays that's overridden and
    background color is set to yellow. I've changed the control's ID from
    txtEmail to textbox1 but there's no difference. I even deleted the control
    from the page and created a new textbox, still the same result.

    I've just been trying some things and on one of the pages, I use plain text
    in the left Cell and a text box in the ajoining cell if the text reads
    'e-Mail' then the textbox appears yellow, if the text reads 'blabla' then
    the textbox appears white. Very strange.... I also tried putting a label in
    the left cell instead of using text but that makes no difference.

    If I create a label and a textbox outside of the table and I put 'eMail' in
    the Label1.Text then the Textbox also has a yellow background.

    The yellow background of the Textbox on the other page (txtPostcode) does
    not change if I remove the text 'Postcode' in front of it like the text
    'Email' does on this page.

    I'm really going nuts here...
    Hope you can help me ...

    Kind regards,

    Jurjen de Groot
    G.I.T.S. Netherlands

    "Axel Dahmen" <> wrote in message
    What if you apply a style *directly* to the Textbox control? Doesn't the
    background colour change? Does the Textbox control belong to a particular
    class? Have you tried changing the controls' IDs?

    HTH,
    Axel Dahmen

    ---------------------------

    Jurjen de Groot, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Re: Yellow TextBox ??

    Axel,

    I just created a new webapp, changed my pageLayout to FlowLayout (as I
    always do), then painted a label and a textbox next to each other.
    Label1.Text = 'eMail' then hit F5 and guess what, the textbox
    backgroundcolor = Yellow
    If I create some spaces between the label and the textbox and place another
    textbox in between the first label and textbox and then run it, then the
    backgroundcolor of the textbox closest to the label turns yellow ?

    regards, Jurjen.

    Jurjen de Groot, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Re: Yellow TextBox ??

    Chris,

    As a matter of fact, I did that just last week.
    I've been going crazy about this since last night, I've spent hours trying
    to find the problem !!
    I just tried the site on my XP machine on which I didn't install the google
    toolbar and it works just fine there.

    Thanks a million !!

    Jurjen.

    Jurjen de Groot, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Re: Yellow TextBox ??

    Thanks very much for bringing the info to us, Chris. I will log it into my
    knowledge base. :)

    Best regards,
    yhhuang
    VS.NET, Visual C++
    Microsoft

    Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com
    --------------------
    !From: "Chris Becker" <>
    !Subject: Re: Yellow TextBox ??
    !Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:47:28 -0700
    !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    !
    !By any chance did you recently install Google's Toolbar 2.0 Beta? It has a
    !new feature called AutoFill and it highlights any textboxes that it knows
    !information for with a yellow background.
    !
    !
    !"Jurjen de Groot" <> wrote in message
    !news:...
    !> I'm developing a ASP.NET/VB.NET web application. (VS.NET 2003)
    !>
    !> I've created several webpages, but on two pages one textbox colors yellow
    !> (the background) and I can't get the background to appear as White as it
    !> should by default. Even setting the background to Red doesn't prevent it,
    !> the textbox still appears with a yellow background. With or Without using
    !a
    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Jul 1, 2003