help

Joseph Suprenant

Hello all,
I have a C++ program, it does some calculations on things and then
prints out a file in the format in which GNUPLOT can use. So my question is
how would i call GNUPLOT from my C++ program. I know in some operating
systems you can do system("gnuplot"); But not with red hat 7.3. So could
some kind soul help me out? Thanks

Gregg

Hello all,
I have a C++ program, it does some calculations on things and then
prints out a file in the format in which GNUPLOT can use. So my
question is how would i call GNUPLOT from my C++ program. I know in
some operating systems you can do system("gnuplot"); But not with red
hat 7.3. So could some kind soul help me out? Thanks

No need to ask multiple times.

The "system" function is a reasonable way to do this. If it is not
working, it is most likely an operating system issue, not a C++ issue.
For that reason, you should ask this in a Linux Programming newsgroup
rather than a C++ Language newsgroup. A quick search for such newsgroups
revealed

comp.os.linux.development
comp.os.linux.development.apps
comp.os.linux.development.system