HELP

ar2539

Hi, i need to create a java program.

The program have to:
Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
returns to its original state.

angrybaldguy

Hi, i need to create a java program.

The program have to:
Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
returns to its original state.

Would you like to see my rate card? My prices for bespoke software
are very reasonable. Also, I'll need your prof's email address so I
can submit it directly to him or her.

Patricia Shanahan

Hi, i need to create a java program.

The program have to:
Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
returns to its original state.

See http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html for
general advice on getting started.

Patricia

Lew

Hi, i need to create a java program.

The program have to:
Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
returns to its original state.

The Ace of Spades, right?

Seriously, you just kind of laid it out for yourself pretty clearly. In
addition to what Patricia said, consider all the questions not even asked in
that description, and how you might answer them - how would a user know the
deck has been shuffled? What is the way each cycle will be shown, if at all?
Which control structure (loop, branch, switch, sequence) that we learned in
class seems to be most relevant?

To model the problem consider the things and the actions, that is, the nouns
and the verbs in the description of what happens. What is a card? A deck? An
Ace of Spades? What does it mean to shuffle a deck? What does the shuffling?
What makes a card bottom or top? And so on.

Good luck.

- Lew

ar2539

The Ace of Spades, right?

Seriously, you just kind of laid it out for yourself pretty clearly. In
addition to what Patricia said, consider all the questions not even asked in
that description, and how you might answer them - how would a user know the
deck has been shuffled? What is the way each cycle will be shown, if at all?
Which control structure (loop, branch, switch, sequence) that we learned in
class seems to be most relevant?

To model the problem consider the things and the actions, that is, the nouns
and the verbs in the description of what happens. What is a card? A deck? An
Ace of Spades? What does it mean to shuffle a deck? What does the shuffling?
What makes a card bottom or top? And so on.

Good luck.

- Lew

Thanks Lew, it was very helpful