    the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
    returns to its original state.
    , Feb 28, 2007

    On Feb 27, 6:08 pm, wrote:
    > Hi, i need to create a java program.
    >
    > The program have to:
    > Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
    > the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
    > down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
    > then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
    > the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
    > returns to its original state.

    Would you like to see my rate card? My prices for bespoke software
    are very reasonable. Also, I'll need your prof's email address so I
    can submit it directly to him or her.
    , Feb 28, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Hi, i need to create a java program.
    >
    > The program have to:
    > Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
    > the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
    > down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
    > then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
    > the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
    > returns to its original state.

    See http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html for
    general advice on getting started.

    Patricia
    Patricia Shanahan, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, i need to create a java program.
    >
    > The program have to:
    > Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
    > the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
    > down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
    > then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
    > the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
    > returns to its original state.

    The Ace of Spades, right?

    Seriously, you just kind of laid it out for yourself pretty clearly. In
    addition to what Patricia said, consider all the questions not even asked in
    that description, and how you might answer them - how would a user know the
    deck has been shuffled? What is the way each cycle will be shown, if at all?
    Which control structure (loop, branch, switch, sequence) that we learned in
    class seems to be most relevant?

    To model the problem consider the things and the actions, that is, the nouns
    and the verbs in the description of what happens. What is a card? A deck? An
    Ace of Spades? What does it mean to shuffle a deck? What does the shuffling?
    What makes a card bottom or top? And so on.

    Good luck.

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 28, 2007

    On Feb 27, 11:29 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, i need to create a java program.

    > > The program have to:
    > > Take a deck of cards (assume 52 cards to a deck) in random order. cut
    > > the deck. cut the card from the top. shuffle the deck by laying cards
    > > down alternatly begining with the botton card from the top sesion,
    > > then the bottom card from the bottom section,etc. the ecess cards from
    > > the karger section and up on top. Repeat shuffling until the deck
    > > returns to its original state.

    > The Ace of Spades, right?
    >
    > Seriously, you just kind of laid it out for yourself pretty clearly. In
    > addition to what Patricia said, consider all the questions not even asked in
    > that description, and how you might answer them - how would a user know the
    > deck has been shuffled? What is the way each cycle will be shown, if at all?
    > Which control structure (loop, branch, switch, sequence) that we learned in
    > class seems to be most relevant?
    >
    > To model the problem consider the things and the actions, that is, the nouns
    > and the verbs in the description of what happens. What is a card? A deck? An
    > Ace of Spades? What does it mean to shuffle a deck? What does the shuffling?
    > What makes a card bottom or top? And so on.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > - Lew

    Thanks Lew, it was very helpful
    , Mar 2, 2007