    document.titre.exemple. backGroundcolor = #33CC33 " type="button" />

    Tanks for answer.
    JL
    JL, Mar 2, 2009

  2. JL wrote:

    > Hi , why this not work ; I want to change the color of The textarea
    > exemple:

    The URL to your page would be helpful.

    > <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" " onClick="
    > document.titre.exemple. backGroundcolor = #33CC33 " type="button" />

    I pasted your code into a page, and it worked for me (oddly enough). Why
    is the JavaScript there, and why is there a space after the misspelled
    word "exemple".

    <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" This is a button "
    onClick="document.titre.exemple.backGroundcolor = #33CC33" type="button"
    />

    Why the bogus XHTML slash at the end? [ /> ]

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > JL wrote:
    >> Hi , why this not work ; I want to change the color of The textarea
    >> exemple:

    Oh, wait. Your prose says "color of The textarea"... yet your code is of
    type="button". What is it you really want?

    > The URL to your page would be helpful.

    ...and the above reinforces that statement, eh? A more concise Subject
    line would be advised as well. Perhaps "Trouble with button color"

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009
  4. JL

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:35:27 +0100, JL <> wrote:

    >Hi , why this not work ; I want to change the color of The textarea exemple:
    >

    > <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" " onClick=" document.titre.exemple. backGroundcolor = #33CC33 " type="button" />
    >
    > Tanks for answer.
    >JL

    Start by checking your spelling.

    TITLE not titre
    EXAMPLE not exemple

    Caps in attributes may cause problems as well.
    background not backGround.
    richard, Mar 2, 2009
  5. JL

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:33:11 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> JL wrote:
    >>> Hi , why this not work ; I want to change the color of The textarea
    >>> exemple:

    >Oh, wait. Your prose says "color of The textarea"... yet your code is of
    >type="button". What is it you really want?
    >
    >> The URL to your page would be helpful.

    >..and the above reinforces that statement, eh? A more concise Subject
    >line would be advised as well. Perhaps "Trouble with button color"

    I believe he is attempting to change the color of the "text area" when
    the original block is clicked upon.
    richard, Mar 2, 2009
  6. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> Oh, wait. Your prose says "color of The textarea"... yet your code
    >> is of type="button". What is it you really want?
    >>
    >>> The URL to your page would be helpful.

    >> ..and the above reinforces that statement, eh? A more concise
    >> Subject line would be advised as well. Perhaps "Trouble with button
    >> color"

    > I believe he is attempting to change the color of the "text area"
    > when the original block is clicked upon.

    I thought that as well, but discarded it as both color values are the
    same.

    > TITLE not titre <-- might be in his native language^1
    > EXAMPLE not exemple <-- probably wrong

    Caps in attributes may cause problems as well.
    background not backGround.

    'Cept that's JavaScript, where camelCase is used.
    http://4umi.com/web/javascript/camelcase.php

    1. I don't speak French.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 2, 2009
  7. On 02 Mar 2009, JL <> wrote:

    > Hi , why this not work ; I want to change the color of The textarea
    > exemple:
    >

    > <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" " onClick="
    > document.titre.exemple. backGroundcolor = #33CC33 " type="button" />
    >
    > Tanks for answer.
    > JL

    Well, it would help if you have an and I knew the id for the textarea.
    Let's give it "txar", then try this -

    <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" " onClick="
    document.getElementById('txar').style.background='#cc33cc'"
    type="button" />

    --
    Awful Dog Autry
    Awful Dog Autry, Mar 2, 2009
  8. JL

    JL Guest

    Awful Dog Autry a écrit :
    > On 02 Mar 2009, JL <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi , why this not work ; I want to change the color of The textarea
    >> exemple:
    >>

    >> <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" " onClick="
    >> document.titre.exemple. backGroundcolor = #33CC33 " type="button" />
    >>
    >> Tanks for answer.
    >> JL

    > Well, it would help if you have an and I knew the id for the textarea.
    > Let's give it "txar", then try this -
    >
    > <input style="background:#33CC33" value=" " onClick="
    > document.getElementById('txar').style.background='#cc33cc'"
    > type="button" />

    Ok it works Tanks à lot
    JL
    JL, Mar 3, 2009