Helps Needed FOr ODBC in ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mingcur@hotmail.com, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi all, i am currently doing a website in ASP which is using ODBC to
    connect the ERP Database in another server . when i run the system in
    Winodws9 , it works perfectly, no errors and it may get the data from
    the database . But when ic hange to winodws XP , here the problem
    comes.

    My windowsXP pro is using iis5.1 with sp2. The MDAC version 2.8 . i
    cannot get any solution until now ( already 2 weks time ) , even though
    i try to searched many forum, websites.

    Below is my souce code. i have tried to close the connection fro RS and
    Conn, but it still appear the same error.i already give all the
    permission by sharing the whole database using simple file sharing .But
    it still not working.

    Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    conn.open "FILEDSN=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data
    Sources\Syspro Local - Co. A.dsn"
    set rs=server.createobject("adodb.recordset")
    sql="SELECT * from INVMASTER "
    rs.open sql,conn11, 1, 2

    Error appears

    Error Type:
    Provider (0x8000FFFF)
    Catastrophic failure
    /try.asp, line 5

    this is 1 of the error. some time it will appear An exception occur (
    "rs" ) or error in conn.open
    any experts pls help me to solve the problems.
    , Feb 27, 2006

  2. Paxton Guest

    wrote:
    > hi all, i am currently doing a website in ASP which is using ODBC to
    > connect the ERP Database in another server . when i run the system in
    > Winodws9 , it works perfectly, no errors and it may get the data from
    > the database . But when ic hange to winodws XP , here the problem
    > comes.
    >
    > My windowsXP pro is using iis5.1 with sp2. The MDAC version 2.8 . i
    > cannot get any solution until now ( already 2 weks time ) , even though
    > i try to searched many forum, websites.
    >
    > Below is my souce code. i have tried to close the connection fro RS and
    > Conn, but it still appear the same error.i already give all the
    > permission by sharing the whole database using simple file sharing .But
    > it still not working.
    >
    > Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    > conn.open "FILEDSN=C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data
    > Sources\Syspro Local - Co. A.dsn"
    > set rs=server.createobject("adodb.recordset")
    > sql="SELECT * from INVMASTER "
    > rs.open sql,conn11, 1, 2
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Error appears
    >
    > Error Type:
    > Provider (0x8000FFFF)
    > Catastrophic failure
    > /try.asp, line 5
    >
    > this is 1 of the error. some time it will appear An exception occur (
    > "rs" ) or error in conn.open
    > any experts pls help me to solve the problems.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2323

    You've also changed the name of your connection object from conn to
    conn11

    /P.
    Paxton, Feb 27, 2006