hey i am just started java,, can anyone tell me the use ,application, why java , importance of java.

manish sahu

hey i am just started java,, can anyone tell me the use , application,
why java , importance of java..

Hal Rosser

manish sahu said:
hey i am just started java,, can anyone tell me the use , application,
why java , importance of java..

1st learn Java - then the other languages - and in no time you'll see.

Lew

manish said:
hey i [sic] am just started java,, [sic] can anyone tell me the use , application,
why java , importance of java..

Markus said:

Here's a brief summary of my personal opinions on "why Java?" -

- Java is highly portable. "Write Once, Run Anywhere" is Sun's exaggeration,
but it isn't very far wrong, actually.

- Java is a strongly-typed, compiled yet still dynamic language. This permits
compile-time checking for all kinds of things that could otherwise cause
run-time bugs, at the expense of more developer effort. Java is not for lazy
programmers.

- Java's built-in threading semantics greatly increase the reliability of
coding for multiple threads. Since Java 5, the errors in that feature seem to
have been fixed.

- Humongous API library from Sun itself and many, many more available,
including gazillions for free. Most things you'd want to do have a library
available already for you to use.

- Built-in network semantics. Java programs on different platforms don't
realize the platforms differ.

- Reliable primitive sizes. Too bad they didn't include unsigned int types,
though. More generally, Java's semantics do not change between platforms.

- More training literature than you'll ever have time to read.

- Availability of desktop, enterprise and mobile editions of the language.

- Best balance of pragmatism and formality in the industry.

- Available at no cost.

- Very widely deployed with lots of job opportunities for practitioners.

Java is suitable for general-purpose programming, enterprise programming and
device programming.

Java is not perfect, but it evolves and cool new features arrive with every
major version, such as integration with scripting languages like Javascript,
Ruby and Python.