Hibernate - Class not found - SerializableProxy

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ian Semmel, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. Ian Semmel

    Ian Semmel Guest

    I have a server program and a client program.

    From the server program I send back (via a socket) hibernate objects like :

    public abstract class AbstractUser implements java.io.Serializable
    {
    ... etc
    }

    I serialize to the socket by using ObjectOutputStream.writeObject and retrieve the object using ObjectInputStream.readObject.

    Now, on the client side, the FIRST time I read an object, I get a ClassNotFoundException for:

    org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.SerializableProxy

    Now, if I cancel the client and run it again (I am running it in eclipse), everything is OK.

    I realise that this error could be generated from a number of sources. It could be a threading issue. My hibernate stuff actually
    lives in a User Library.

    I was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could point me towards a solution.

    Ian Semmel, Sep 18, 2008