    easier.

    I'm sure other's have a similar problem. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.
    bb, Jul 21, 2005

  2. bb

    Guest

    I don't know what you mean ... but you can change log level in log4j:
    log4j.logger.org.hibernate.type=debug
    This didn't replace question mark but you will be able to see values.

    Greetings
    luc
    , Jul 21, 2005

  3. bb

    Rico Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:28:43 -0700, bb wrote:
    > Hi,
    > My team is using Hibernate. We are trying to get the Hibernate query
    > object to output pure SQL, not stuff like the following:
    >
    > update T_CONTROL set id=?, max_order_number=?, max_requisition_number=?
    >
    > where row_id=?
    >
    > insert into T_CREDIT (id, vendor_id, amount, update_user,
    > update_timestamp, status, note, reason, date_paid, isas_id)
    > values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
    >
    > In other words, get rid of the question marks and insert the ACTUAL
    > values that are being used. This would make debugging SQL errors a lot
    > easier.
    >
    > I'm sure other's have a similar problem. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    humm... as luc mentioned, you can see the values being bound to the
    parameters by adjusting the debug level.

    for my part, I'd say that if I wanted to be debugging SQL errors, I
    wouldn't be using Hibernate.

    Rico.
    Rico, Jul 22, 2005
  4. bb

    Hemal Pandya Guest

    bb wrote:
    > In other words, get rid of the question marks and insert the ACTUAL
    > values that are being used. This would make debugging SQL errors a lot
    > easier.

    Look for p6spy which provides a jdbc driver that logs the SQL
    statements being executed. I found it very useful. While looking for
    information on p6spy I just came across
    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=353736&rl=1 which you
    may find relevant.
    Hemal Pandya, Jul 22, 2005