hidden perl

daniel caplan

sorry if this is in the wrong newsgroup. am not a perl programmer, so am
not sure under what heading to put this under. simply put:

my company has a software (written in perl) that it runs on our internal
servers (linux). we would
like to be able to have 3rd party companies run it, not off of our servers,
but on their own internals network. but obviously we don't want them to
be able to see our source code.

can i ask what solutions there are?

are there compilers? reliable ones? am sure we are not the first to
encounter this scenario, so am sure there is a solution.

many thanks ahead, as always.

sergio

Jürgen Exner

daniel caplan wrote:
[question snipped]

You won't believe it, but a namesake of yours just asked exactly the same
question in alt.perl.
You may want to check there for replies or even ask him for anything that
was sent directly to him.

jue