    please? thank you,
    --
    I appreciate this newsgroup. Dick Ross www.rosmd.com

    ross, Jun 27, 2003

  2. "ross" <> wrote in message
    news:3efb960a$...
    > I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source to
    > display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you advise,
    > please? thank you,

    Yeah, give up before you even start.
    If you don't want it stolen, don't publish it on the Internet, because once
    it is displayed on the visitor's screen, it is already stolen

    --
    Karl Core

    EightNineThree, Jun 27, 2003

  3. ross

    brucie Guest

    In post <3efb960a$>
    ross said...

    > I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source to
    > display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you advise,
    > please? thank you,

    it is not possible to hide your source. disabling the right-click
    (assuming the mouse even has a right button) just makes you look like
    an idiot.

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 27/June/2003 11:19:33 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 27, 2003
  4. ross

    Disco Guest

    ross wrote:
    > I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source
    > to display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you
    > advise, please? thank you,

    hhmm. Not that I care. (or know how to do what you have asked (If I did, I
    would tell you)) but a thread starting with a question such as this, is
    always a good one to follow. I need to read *bitch* posts every
    now-and-then from the Pure Bloods. It makes me smile.

    <quote from="echoecho.com">Imagine learning the web by viewing source from
    other sites, then use that knowledge to hide the codes so others can't do
    the same with your own source. Funniest of all - the *no right click* script
    itself is 999/1000 times *borrowed* from other peoples coding</quote>

    Disco, Jun 27, 2003
  5. ross

    Mark Jones Guest

    "ross" <> wrote in message
    > I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source to
    > display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you advise,
    > please? thank you,

    Certainly. DO NOT DO IT.

    Mark Jones, Jun 27, 2003
  6. ross

    BORG Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:23:07 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
    <> wrote:

    >ross wrote:
    >> I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source
    >> to display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you
    >> advise, please? thank you,

    >http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm

    LOL

    Use any version of Microsoft Frontpage to create your site. (This
    won't prevent people from viewing your source, but no one will want to
    steal it.)

    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    BORG, Jun 27, 2003
  7. ross

    ross Guest

    Well, I guess I hit a tender spot. I have seen this done and my curiousity
    got the best of me. I was just wondering how it is done, that is all. I see
    disco has sense of humor..sorry to create a huff. Take
    care, Dick Ross

    ross, Jun 27, 2003
  8. ross

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    ross said...

    > Well, I guess I hit a tender spot.

    another one is topposting. didn't you wonder why all the replies to
    your post were under your question?

    How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 27/June/2003 12:26:25 pm kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jun 27, 2003
  9. ross

    <> wrote:

    >ross wrote:
    >> I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source
    >> to display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you
    >> advise, please? thank you,

    >http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm

    mm, interesting site , Ill have to start a new thread on my question
    though

    BORG, Jun 27, 2003
  10. ross

    Mark Parnell Guest

    ross wrote:
    > "ross" <> wrote in message
    >> I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source
    >> to display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you
    >> advise, please? thank you,
    >>

    > Well, I guess I hit a tender spot. I have seen this done and my
    > curiousity got the best of me. I was just wondering how it is done,
    > that is all. I see disco has sense of humor..sorry to create a huff.

    That wasn't a huff. :)

    Basically, yes it can be done, but

    1) It often only works in one browser
    2) It won't work if JavaScript is disabled
    3) It only proves that you don't know what you are doing
    4) It can't prevent people from seeing your source code
    5) It will annoy your visitors who want to use the context menu for other
    reasons, such as bookmarking your site
    6) There is nothing new in your source code that we haven't seen/done before
    7) Froggie's Law: If you think you have to hide your source, it's a sure bet
    you have nothing worth hiding.

    HTH

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jun 27, 2003
  11. ross wrote:
    > I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source to
    > display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you advise,
    > please? thank you,

    1) Buy some floppy disks.
    2) Put one into your computer.
    3) Put your web page onto the disk.
    4) Take the disk out.
    5) Break the disk.
    6) Put the actual disk (round, brown, etc.) into a paper shredder.
    7) Bury the remains.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jun 27, 2003
  12. ross wrote:
    > I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source to
    > display a message saying that my source is not available.

    Just out of curiosity: why? Chances are, if you have anything worthwile
    to publish, you should if anything be more worried about somebody
    stealing the content of your webpage, but who would "steal" some "td"
    and "p" and "li" tags? Really, don't worry about it.

    >Can you advise,
    > please? thank you,

    Sure, if you still insist, Ross, though I suggest this for educational
    purposes only. But since you said that "I have seen this done and my
    curiousity got the best of me. I was just wondering how it is done, that
    is all", so here you go:

    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm

    But just like anybody else I would advise against using such a script. I
    find it annoying when I encounter one, because I usually right click on
    links, because I surf with multiple websites open.

    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com

    Nicolai P. Zwar, Jun 27, 2003
  13. Hywel Jenkins, Jun 27, 2003
  14. ross

    Isofarro Guest

    BORG wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:23:07 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>ross wrote:
    >>> I need a suggestion about making the right click and the show source
    >>> to display a message saying that my source is not available. Can you
    >>> advise, please? thank you,

    > Use any version of Microsoft Frontpage to create your site.

    In that case, I see your Microsoft Frontpage, and raise you someone else's
    (probably rf's) Microsoft Excel. I know what it really excels at!

    --
    Iso.
    Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/

    Isofarro, Jun 27, 2003
  15. ross

    rf Guest

    "Isofarro" <> wrote in message
    > BORG wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:23:07 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Use any version of Microsoft Frontpage to create your site.

    > In that case, I see your Microsoft Frontpage, and raise you someone else's
    > (probably rf's) Microsoft Excel. I know what it really excels at!

    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/excel.htm

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jun 27, 2003
  16. ross

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Jun 27, 2003
  17. ross

    Neo Geshel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > rf wrote:
    >
    > [Made in MS Excel]
    > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/excel.htm

    > My jaw seriously dropped when I looked at the source code for that page.

    Yet another example of why we should avoid all MS products that *create*
    web pages (IIS 5.0 and 5.1 are decent enough web servers). I could have
    done the same web page in 1/10 the amount of code, if not less. And that
    is using XHTML 1.0 Strict with an embedded stylesheet, not an external
    one.

    ....Geshel
    Reply-to e-mail forwards all received e-mails to SpamCop for UBE/UCE
    (Unsolicited Bulk/Commercial E-mail) reporting. DO NOT USE THAT ADDRESS!
    Please send e-mail to my first name at my last name dot org.

    Neo Geshel, Jun 28, 2003
  18. ross

    Daniel Doman Guest

    Your best solution is called PHP.. Once its in the browser, it is out of
    your hands. If you want to hide application logic, dont send it to the
    browser and in any case you will be sending smaller pages to your users who
    will probably thank you for it.

    Daniel Doman, Jun 28, 2003