Hide Web Folder/ Web Files in ASP System

bonnijose

good morning to all,

i am uploading my "First" web server files today.

for security reasons can anyone using the internet see "ALL" the files
in my web server account?

i mean, if someone type http://www.xxxxxxx.com then he would see my
index.html file as opening page.

question is if i placed a file say ...dddddd.zip and there is not other

link in the whole website that contains a link to this file can they
still download it?

i usually send to my clients a link for them to download a certain file

that i upload to the root directory of my web server space.

since they know the link then they can download it. but what if someone

do not know the filename can he still look for it in the root
directory?

I am using a windows system.

if yes, how can you prevent people from accessing/downloading "ALL" the

contents of your site?

thanks

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

[...]

You can set "Browser directory" to false on the IIS to prevent users
seeing the content of a directory.

Another way is to set permissions on the directory, but then your users
have to login with username and password.

HTH,
Laurent