Hiding cursor

Pekka Jarvela

How can I hide the cursor in C++?

I am using Visual Studio .NET and the problem is that the cursor
remains blinking on the opening screen on my program. How can I set it
to be black so that it wouldn't apperar?

Pekka

Martin Gieseking

(e-mail address removed) (Pekka Jarvela) wrote in
How can I hide the cursor in C++?

I am using Visual Studio .NET and the problem is that the cursor
remains blinking on the opening screen on my program. How can I set it
to be black so that it wouldn't apperar?

You can't. There is nothing like a cursor in C++. You have to look for
system dependent functions that handle the cursor's appearance.

Martin

Julie

Pekka said:
How can I hide the cursor in C++?

I am using Visual Studio .NET and the problem is that the cursor
remains blinking on the opening screen on my program. How can I set it
to be black so that it wouldn't apperar?

Pekka

Using std C++:

class Cursor
{
public:
Cursor():m_visible(true){}
void Visible(bool visible) { m_visible = visible; }
private:
bool m_visible;
};

// in your code:
Cursor cursor;
cursor.Visible(false);

If the above doesn't produce the intended results for you, you will need to
follow up in a newsgroup specific to your target operating system.