Hiding label

pkalinin

Hi.
I have a question can't find the answer for a long time.
Say we have Web Application with to 2 asp and excel file:

ASP1.asp - start page
ASP2.asp
A.xls

ASP1.asp:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<form action="ASP2.asp" method="post" id="form1" name="form1">
<input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="Go"
onclick=MyLabel.style.visibility="visible";>
<script language=jscript>
MyLabel.style.visibility="Hidden";
</script>

ASP2.asp:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
Response.Redirect "A.xls"
%>

When click "Go" button on start the page MyLabel cames visible.
A.xls is opened on the client side WITH APPLICATION, not in IE (client
side is set up this way).
When A.xls pops up I want to put MyLabel visibility back to "Hidden".
How can I do this?

Thanks.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hi.
I have a question can't find the answer for a long time.
Say we have Web Application with to 2 asp and excel file:
This question has nothing to do with ASP. Change the file extension of
the first page to .htm to see what I mean ... see? you have the same
problem, but it should now be clear that it is not an ASP problem - ASP
is server-side technology that generates html that is sent to the
client. Once the client has something to click, ASP is out of the
picture. Post your followup questions to a client-side group such as
..scripting.jscript.

To attempt to answer your question, add an onsubmit event handler to
your page to set the element's display property to "none"

pkalinin

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Thanks.I'l move my question to the newsgroup you recommend.