    membership provider or will I have to roll my own?

    Thanks in advance for all your help.

    -- Rodney
    rwoodruf, Dec 27, 2007

  2. Hi

    I haven't done this , But I know you can extend existing
    "ROLES" table and add an SQL Trigger which on each insert or update
    would look at the updated / inserted row and make the required changes

    that's how I would do it
    ---------

    Adlai Maschiach
    http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/adlaim/

    Adlai Maschiach, Dec 27, 2007

  3. rwoodruf

    Mark Stevens Guest

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:06:01 -0800, rwoodruf
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am attempting to utilize the membership provider to do the following:
    >
    >Boss > Manager > Employee
    >
    >which means that Boss has all the rights of the Manager, the Manager has all
    >the rights of the Employee (which means the Boss has all the rights of the
    >Employee) and both the Boss and Manager have individual rights in addition to
    >the same rights of their underlings.
    >
    >Is this something that anyone has had success doing with the default
    >membership provider or will I have to roll my own?

    I do not have a strict hierarchy as such but we do have a similar
    situation (multiple roles needing access to the same pages but not
    others). I simply use

    <allow roles="role1, role2, role3">

    in the web config for the pages in question.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark
    --
    |\ _,,,---,,_ A picture used to be worth a
    ZZZzzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, thousand words - then along
    |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' came television!

    Mark Stevens (mark at thepcsite fullstop co fullstop uk)

    This message is provided "as is".
    Mark Stevens, Dec 28, 2007