    Does anyone know of a proper way to have both menu items highlighted at
    the same time?

    -Jeff

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZiBUdQ==?=, Jan 27, 2007

  2. On Jan 27, 1:44 am, Jeff Tu <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm using two menu controls. One is displayed at the top of the page. The
    > other menu is displayed on the left side using a single site map. The top
    > menu is for displaying level 1. The left menu is for displaying level 2.
    > These are all displaying just fine. That is when a menu item is selected on
    > the top, left menu reflects the submenu for the selected item. The only
    > problem I'm having is to get the top menu to have a highlighted status. Right
    > now, only the left menu has the highlighted status.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a proper way to have both menu items highlighted at
    > the same time?

    [snip]

    In general terms I'd consider you looking into ScriptAculous for any
    types of effects.
    ScriptAculous has stuff like "Effect.Blind, Effect.Shake" etc.
    It also builds on top of prototype which has stuff like
    "Element.addClassName" etc.
    Normally that's how _any_ menu system would do such a thing (change the
    class name
    for the "highlighted menu")

    How the Menu in VS works regarding highlighting I wouldn't know, mostly
    because I wouldn't use it.
    Mostly because more or less all other menu systems are by far better
    then the one embedded in VS...
    There's on in http://ajaxwidgets.com which also doesn't think you're
    redirecting (by default) but rather will
    be handled as a normal Ajax Request in the event handler for
    MenuClicked from which you can do
    whatever pleases you like for instance showing, hiding panels, windows,
    DateTimePickers etc...

    ..t

    Thomas Hansen, Jan 27, 2007